DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Pro - screw mixup - need help rebuilding

Glad you figured it out. Next time, as you take it apart, put the screws back in the holes. That way they won't get lost and you always know where they go back in.
Grandpap taught me that while working on a Baler in a hay field. Misplace a screw in a hay field and it's gone forever.

Glad you figured it out. Next time, as you take it apart, put the screws back in the holes. That way they won't get lost and you always know where they go back in.
Grandpap taught me that while working on a Baler in a hay field. Misplace a screw in a hay field and it's gone forever.
Good idea, would have saved me some time and grief along the way :)

Sigh...why is something as simple as a factory screw placement diagram such a PAIN to find? I can only assume that one does not exist.
Jeers to DJI, for NOT making all of the hex screws ONE size! I guess it would have made it far too easy for us to service our own already-expensive-enough drones. JEEZ!!
BTW...the cardboard/outline technique to stick the screws into is the one that I generally use. I just messed up and assumed that they were all the same size. ouch!
AND....keep in mind not to over-tighten these bad-boys, as I did. The hex heads round-out VERY easily. I went ahead and ordered two complete screw packs for possible future need (since they are just as easy to drop/lose).

Last edited:
I just had a Zoom apart - mostly the same as the Pro -
The four screws for the gimbal - they do NOT have thread-lock.
And - the small cover that has foam on the inside - that presses against the cable connector for the gimbal - these two screws are smaller than the main gimbal screws and DO HAVE the blue thread lock.

That's the best I can do from memory. HTH
Also those two are silver rather than black/grey

I just had a Zoom apart - mostly the same as the Pro -
The four screws for the gimbal - they do NOT have thread-lock.
And - the small cover that has foam on the inside - that presses against the cable connector for the gimbal - these two screws are smaller than the main gimbal screws and DO HAVE the blue thread lock.

That's the best I can do from memory. HTH
Also those two are silver rather than black/grey

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929