DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Pro - screw mixup - need help rebuilding

kerry2020

Reactions
My Mavic 2 pro was damaged so an electrical friend has helped to do the soldering. We are putting back together but I knocked the table and the screws got muddled. Is there a diagram or anywhere I can see what screws go where as some are different sizes.
2 have what looks like blue glue.
And how tight to do up plastic casing so it doesn’t break

Reactions: Droniac
I have never come across a parts list showing screw placement - or any sort of diagram. I would like to see that too!

The blue on the screws is "thread lock".

Which screw in particular? Pictures help.

Reactions: Droniac
I have never come across a parts list showing screw placement - or any sort of diagram. I would like to see that too!

The blue on the screws is "thread lock".

Which screw in particular? Pictures help.
Yes would be handy.
there are 2 pairs of screws that are thinner and narrower thread than the rest.1 pair is more silver in colour aswell. I removed the bottom cover, arm covers and gimball

I just had a Zoom apart - mostly the same as the Pro -
The four screws for the gimbal - they do NOT have thread-lock.
And - the small cover that has foam on the inside - that presses against the cable connector for the gimbal - these two screws are smaller than the main gimbal screws and DO HAVE the blue thread lock.

That's the best I can do from memory. HTH

And - the small cover that has foam on the inside - that presses against the cable connector for the gimbal - these two screws are smaller than the main gimbal screws and DO HAVE the blue thread lock.

Amazing thank you, at least that’s one pair out of the equation

Last edited:
Check online for YouTube videos on tear down of the M2. That should help.
Yea have watched multiple videos but unfortunately they are generally just referenced as screws so can’t really differentiate the sizes or visually Not able to see which ones are different sizes.
Thanks though

Last edited:
No help with an Assembly Drawing. Next time, put the screws back in the holes as you take it apart.
My Grandfather taught me that while fixing a Hay Baler in the middle of a field. Do it every time you take something apart. You won't lose screws and always know where they go.

No help with an Assembly Drawing. Next time, put the screws back in the holes as you take it apart.
My Grandfather taught me that while fixing a Hay Baler in the middle of a field. Do it every time you take something apart. You won't lose screws and always know where they go.
Yes good suggestion, I did that for some of the main bits but knocked into the table quite hard so everything was nudged and a few of the screws have mixed together ?☹️

Great idea, but not always feasible. Such as having to remove 15 screws of three different sizes to remove a main board. You can't put the screws back in until the board is out. Some screws for the cover go through the board so they have to stay out too until the board is removed.

Best take pictures and notes.

Any markings indicating screw sizes? Dell laptops mark most holes with screw length and diameter, such as M3-5 meaning machine screw 3mm diameter, 5mm long.

At my age I have to take a video as I’m dissembling with audio and tape measure. I rebuilt two chain saw engines and a lawn mower and have had to review the vids to get them back together.

At my age I have to take a video as I’m dissembling with audio and tape measure. I rebuilt two chain saw engines and a lawn mower and have had to review the vids to get them back together.
Me too - bought a new camera for the purpose. iPhone wasn't getting it done to my liking :)

Great idea, but not always feasible. Such as having to remove 15 screws of three different sizes to remove a main board. You can't put the screws back in until the board is out. Some screws for the cover go through the board so they have to stay out too until the board is removed.

Best take pictures and notes.

Any markings indicating screw sizes? Dell laptops mark most holes with screw length and diameter, such as M3-5 meaning machine screw 3mm diameter, 5mm long.

if there's a will then there's a way

You may have already done this, but I suggest trying to contact the people who have tear down videos on You Tube - having already taken apart a drone like yours, they may be able to help identify the specific screws - I do hope you are able to figure it out... good luck.

You may have already done this, but I suggest trying to contact the people who have tear down videos on You Tube - having already taken apart a drone like yours, they may be able to help identify the specific screws - I do hope you are able to figure it out... good luck.
but its a M2P....i see you edit out MA2

Noted for next time. I did some photos but unfortunately not close enough to see screw details. Thanks for everyone’s tips.

I use a piece of thick corrugated cardboard and draw an image of what is being taken apart and When removing the screws from R/C models I push them into the cardboard in the relative position as close as possible to where they actually belong

Not fool proof but it can go a long way to reassembling something that is unfamiliar to me and getting differing size screws where they belong

or video above the disassembly with a go pro or similar and make audio notes as you go

Reactions: slbgeo and TampaTC

The two screws you refer to are slightly more silvery than the gimbal screws. All these six are 1.5 hex.

The two screws you refer to are slightly more silvery than the gimbal screws. All these six are 1.5 hex.
That was my problem....I thought I had stripped out 2 screws but when I took all of them off and compared I saw the 2 silver ones. Problem fixed and saved me trying to hunt down screws!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SkyTechDji