DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Pro Settings - Best Cinematic Videos

zeeeegerman

Reactions
Hey guys,

we're often after that cinematic footage from our Mavic 2 Pros. I tested a crapload of different settings and came up with a guide on how to choose the best settings. Even if you only want to shoot in H264. Of course, i also detail the best H265 settings. Give it a look. Cinematic sequence included ;)

Feedback welcome. Which of those settings were new to you?

Thanks for posting this, nice shots. I'm using D-Log M 0,-1,-1. I find sharpness +1 gives me some moire in branches and other fine details. In FCPX have you tried the Remove Noise effect? I was using Sharpen effect at 1.5 on 2.7K stuff to compensate for the softer settings, but Remove Noise has sharpen built in. I looked at your Focus video too, your footage is sharp, quite nice, will try your suggestions.

Thanks for posting this, nice shots. I'm using D-Log M 0,-1,-1. I find sharpness +1 gives me some moire in branches and other fine details. In FCPX have you tried the Remove Noise effect? I was using Sharpen effect at 1.5 on 2.7K stuff to compensate for the softer settings, but Remove Noise has sharpen built in. I looked at your Focus video too, your footage is sharp, quite nice, will try your suggestions.

Hey no problem! Thanks for taking the time to watch and comment. I just picked up a color chart and will have to do some more testing. I do like how my footage turned out with the settings i mentioned in the video though. I haven't used the FCPX Noise remover. Neat Video is supposed to have the best Noise Remover... sigh guess i'll eventually have to buy that. Interestingly i forgot to sharpen the footage in the video (cinematic sequence) whoops. So it's actually not sharpened in post.

Do you use any other plugins or paid effects etc in FCPX? I always like hearing what others are using.

Skygrade LUTs love to use that for a color correction starting point

Do you use any other plugins or paid effects etc in FCPX? I always like hearing what others are using.
Hi, only paid effect I use is Neat Video. Built-in noise reduction was bundled into the 10.4.4 update. The built-in NR effect is very subtle but fast. NV seriously increases render time but is much better.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dominicus15