DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Pro shot !?

I am sure it was a pellet gun. It hit the top corner of the arm.
The compressed air guns out now are very capable of doing that .
They are not only accurate with a scope and very powerful .

During a flight yesterday to take pictures of a few mills, I was warned that one of the millers would shoot the drone from the sky. I then immediately flew the M2P back. During descending I noticed the M2P rotating a little bit. Then the miller in question came up to me snarling and said that he was terribly sick of those drones around his mill every day and that he would shoot him next time.
When cleaning up the M2P I saw that the rear right arm was damaged (see the photos). The miller probably tried to shoot the drone with an airgun anyway. It's a wonder the propeller was not hit and the drone returned safely!

The question now is what to do? I have DJI Care Refresh insurance, but is a piece of tape over the hole enough? Apart from a slight rotation when descending, I could not find any further deviations.
View attachment 112242
View attachment 112243
Call the police.. That’s unacceptable

Many years ago, perhaps a years before Google introduced “Streetview”, I had the idea of taking pictures of the streets in my own village to show how they’d changed over the years.

Whilst walking along one of the local streets, one of the residents came out and shouted “Can’t do that”, to which I explained that I was entitled to take the pictures as they were just to show the houses as they were in the 1990’s and decided it to be best to just walk away from the heated discussion. He followed me, then got into his car to catch up with me. As I approached my home, he cut in front of me, mounting the pavement in the process.

Made me smile when, a year or so later, Streetview came out along with a nice view of his house from various angles [emoji4]

During a flight yesterday to take pictures of a few mills, I was warned that one of the millers would shoot the drone from the sky. I then immediately flew the M2P back. During descending I noticed the M2P rotating a little bit. Then the miller in question came up to me snarling and said that he was terribly sick of those drones around his mill every day and that he would shoot him next time.
When cleaning up the M2P I saw that the rear right arm was damaged (see the photos). The miller probably tried to shoot the drone with an airgun anyway. It's a wonder the propeller was not hit and the drone returned safely!

The question now is what to do? I have DJI Care Refresh insurance, but is a piece of tape over the hole enough? Apart from a slight rotation when descending, I could not find any further deviations.
View attachment 112242
View attachment 112243
Janosh, could you give more details about the location of the mill (maybe by PM)? I fly in the Netherlands often (ik woon in Dordrecht), and would rather avoid this mill if possible ...

Groeten Joost

Reactions: Chiuki
if DJI give you the run-around, you can find a replacement arm on Marktplaats and swap it yourself for abou €50. I've never had any hostility from millers, and have photographed many windmills all around the Netherlands. but I always ask the resident miller or farmer for permission before taking off, and offer to share the footage with them. So far I guess I've been lucky.
Can I ask which mill it was (to be sure I avoid it?)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seaphotos