DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

mavic 2 pro shutter lag

new2mavic

Reactions
The other day I was shooting a flock of water birds and I wanted to capture the moment they took off together. I shooted for more than half an hour but just got one picture right. In the other pictures, most of the birds had already flown away. I checked the shutter lag later by shooting a stop watch and found that there is a lag of about one second between pressing the shutter button and activation of the shutter. The shutter button on the remote controller and that on the DJI GO 4 app have no difference in this regard. Just wondering if this is a limitaiton of the drone or something can be done about it.

x.jpeg

Last edited:
The other day I was shooting a flock of water birds and I wanted to capture the moment they took off together. I shooted for more than half an hour but just got one picture right. In the other pictures, most of the birds had already flown away. I checked the shutter lag later by shooting a stop watch and found that there is a lag of about one second between pressing the shutter button and activation of the shutter. The shutter button on the remote controller and that on the DJI GO 4 app have no difference in this regard. Just wondering if this is a limitaiton of the drone or something can be done about it.

View attachment 88661
I really like the picture.

There aren't any settings I'm aware of that would delay the shutter opening. Closing yes (shutter speed) but not it opening.

I just checked mine and am getting one to one and a half second delay from shutter press to photo taken both in app and on controller.
Also noticed a couple few hundredths seconds of delay on the live video feed...

Last edited:
I've notice this too, a disappointment, but I've gotten used to it. That being said I usually do construction work and do not have to worry about the subject moving too much.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d