DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Pro swerving

Piglet3003

Reactions
Good Morning All

I bought a M2P yesterday, upgraded from a Mavic Air, and on the first flight I had it in sport mode.

Going forward it was keeping true to the direction of the sticks, but when I released the sticks so it could come to a hovering position it swerved to the left until it came to a stand still.

I tried this a few times and each time the same thing happened.

Maybe there is something I need to adjust?

Thanks in advance

To edit:

I calibrated the IMU sensors before the Flight and I calibrated the Compass.

OK, wind conditions at that time? Also please describe the drift, for example if your flight was full forward/full speed, then when you released the stick how much was the drift? 3 to 6 cm left or right from the straight line you were or more? I am trying to understand your case.

I would say the drift was while braking, and it was a big drift almost 2 meters from the original flight path. Wind was minimal, about 3km/h
OK, wind conditions at that time? Also please describe the drift, for example if your flight was full forward/full speed, then when you released the stick how much was the drift? 3 to 6 cm left or right from the straight line you were or more? I am trying to understand your case.

Iv had this Before !!!! (On a few occasions Mav1 and 2)

In fact I still have it (slightly) on Mavic Pro.

So Additional symptoms are a) when Flying in a Straight line the Camera appears to be looking slightly Left or right.
Also on a Fast Flight - b) a gentle Arc is observed ...

c) When STOPPING from FWD - The drone will brake and adjust Left or RIght

d) When STOPPING from REVERSE - The drone will brake and adjust Left or RIght (THE OTHER WAY)

The adjustment can be up to 2 meters depending on the wind or the speed.
… With minimal speed the Adjustment is Minimal

===

It appears one of the rotors may not be as efficient as others.

Solution One Clean the Rotors -
The rotors should swing freely around when the drone is off -

Solution Two - SWOP the Props - (the Back two with the Front 2 - see the effect)

Solution Three - Check that the Arms are extended Fully and Locked in Place - with No Wobble Up or Down - A previous crash or crack in the Frame - can Impact the Uniform structure - and affect the aerodynamics - (JUST Check this)

The above (1&2) solved my problem - (90%)

… Let me Know how that works...

Last edited:
Reactions: Chris_GREECE
Thank you. Will do number 1 and 2 and report back.
Iv had this Before !!!! (On a few occasions Mav1 and 2)

In fact I still have it (slightly) on Mavic Pro.

So Additional symptoms are a) when Flying in a Straight line the Camera appears to be looking slightly Left or right.
Also on a Fast Flight - b) a gentle Arc is observed ...

c) When STOPPING from FWD - The drone will brake and adjust Left or RIght

d) When STOPPING from REVERSE - The drone will brake and adjust Left or RIght (THE OTHER WAY)

The adjustment can be up to 2 meters depending on the wind or the speed.
… With minimal speed the Adjustment is Minimal

===

It appears one of the rotors may not be as efficient as others.

Solution One Clean the Rotors -
The rotors should swing freely around when the drone is off -

Solution Two - SWOP the Props - (the Back two with the Front 2 - see the effect)

Solution Three - Check that the Arms are extended Fully and Locked in Place - with No Wobble Up or Down - A previous crash or crack in the Frame - can Impact the Uniform structure - and affect the aerodynamics - (JUST Check this)

The above (1&2) solved my problem - (90%)

… Let me Know how that works...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cryhav0c