DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Pro USB-C cable not working on first flight

Pro 2 newbie

Reactions
Opened up mavic pro 2 today for maiden flight , kept getting remote errors , asking me to link to the aircraft . Then when linked I would get a remote error .. I tried another phone with different cable and worked fine . Has anyone else had faulty USB-C cables ?

Please describe what you did to the drone and to your computer, including devices connected and how you did so.

I connected all up as per instructions . Phone connected to controller with USB C cable . When all switched on and opened the app it was asking me to pair. Eventually got in to the app then says remote error at the top of screen ... tried taking connector out and reset, still the same , like an intermittent fault .. I then tried a different phone which took one of the other cables provided and worked fine , conclusion is the cable is faulty

Reactions: Thomas B
Unusual for Usb C cables to fail..... :)

First you say all cables work, then you say at least one cable doesn't work.
You're also changing multiple variables at the same time: cable and phone.

If you suspect the cable, don't switch phones when testing your theory.

There is one other variable that I am trying to get you to clarify: the RC USB port you're using.
The side port will only work with the included short cables. Also the bottom port will not work if you have any cable plugged in the side, even with nothing connected on the other end. Well, you can connect a charger to the side port while using the bottom port for your phone, but that's it.

At what point did I say connected all cables ? I said connected all up , ie set up drone etc ..
And its side socket , short cable .... I have worked out that's defo the problem. My question is , has anyone else has any faulty cables , thanks

The cable that came with my M2P didn't work either.

I think they are faulty. I bought a new one from amazon today , tried it and all worked perfectly .. I will also follow up with DJI and look for a replacement as my mavic is days old and that happened on first flight

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smittysflying