DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Pro weak transmission signal

Definitelly what i am experiencing right now.

I use dji drone for more than 5 years, and this is the first i experiencing this kind of issue.

Signal lost at 10meters altitude, or about 20meters distance. It happens on the locations that i never had that kind of problem before.

No crash, no accident what so ever, it just happen, and hard to understand what is the cause.

Tried to refresh the firmware on both AC/RC, check RCs antena cable, manual channel pick, imu cal, compass cal, and still no avail.

Yes i am pretty sure it is RC-AC connection issue, and not RC-phone connection issue, since i know how to fly dji drones without phone at all.

Here is an update on my situation. I have taken the drone to a DJI authorize repair facility. They were unable to duplicate my problem. They however did not check it with my device cable or battery. This happens to me 100% of the time no matter where I fly it. Places I have flown many times before. I’m beyond frustrated with DJI, as they initially respond to you on Twitter but then just ignore you. I’m going to try a different device and cable this weekend and see if it makes a difference. I’ve attached a YouTube link of it acting up. I display the signal strength toward the end of the video.
I'm having this exact same problem. Have you been able to fix this?
My story, I crashed my drone and broke one of the arms. I sent it in to DJI for repair. Instead of repairing it they just sent me a brand new drone! Cool right? No... The new drone arrived with this transmission problem.
How did this turn out for you? Thanks

Reactions: RadioFlyerMan
Hi, I’ve had my Mavic Pro 2 for over 2 years and have made 326 flights without much issue. Recently I have a transmission signal adjust antennas notification pop up and the screen goes black. I’ve had a similar issue in the past where if I switched from video mode to photo mode the screen would go black for about 2 seconds and come back on then it would be stuck in photo mode until I restarted the drone. I resolved this issue with a new memory card and have not had that happen since. Back to my current situation. I decided to calibrate the IMU before taking it out and it said there was a firmware update for the remote, so I updated it. When I got to my flight location and powered everything up I noticed the screen display quality was not great(I use an iPad 6th generation). I also was unable to set my home point even though it was in gps mode with I think about 8 satellites. I took off and thought maybe I’ll be able to set it when I get a little altitude. I walked about 20 feet from the drone and the screen quality was terrible and asking me to adjust antennas. I decided to take it up about 100ft to see what was going to happen, and that’s when the screen just blacked out from no signal. I tried moving the antennas around but nothing improved the situation. I landed and packed it up and when I got home I decided to check for updates. I found there was new firmware for the drone which it didn’t previously notify me about so I updated it. Still can’t walk 10 feet away from the drone without losing vide transmission. I tried degrading firmware in the remote and drone with DJI Assistant 2 and it seemed to have solved the issue. I was able to walk the remote all through my house and in different rooms away from the drone with no transmission signal loss. I decided to go for a flight this morning and just tested it in my yard first. Transmission signal problems again. I decided to update(with assistant 2) and calibrate everything I could think of.
Some interesting things that happened: Inconsistent firmware slider for batteries now popped up for all of my batteries. No problem, just update them and go fly. After I updated a battery the signal issue was gone with each of my 4 batteries...until I restarted the drone, then the problem was back. I know it’s a long winded post but I wanted to cover all of the bases. Also I removed the memory card for all of this testing, and did try different remote to iPad cables, and deleted and re-loaded Go4. Anybody have suggestions?
Check which frequency your control signal is being broadcast on (2.4ghz or 5.8ghz). Had the Mav 2 Zoom for over three years - real workhorse and as reliable as sunrise... until I updated to **/**/0770 firmware. After that - signal dropouts: loss of FPV: bad latency: pixelated screen: loss of control (sometimes as close as 100 feet from controller).

Tried everything - blamed everything - drove myself nuts trying to get it back to pre .0770 trim... and then worked out that when the bird boots: it defaults to Dual Band which actually means 2.48ghz. For some reason Dual Band never bothered to flip up to 5.8ghz when there was signal interference and that meant a drone that was useless.

Workaround: as soon as you boot the drone and controller - go to the transmission tab and physically switch frequency to 5.8ghz. This works perfectly for me and I now have a drone I can use reliably where before: it was a liability. Fair enough you do have to sacrifice extended range and signal penetration - but unlike a lot of people: I never fly BVLOS and my targets are all chosen and scouted before I stick the bird up to shoot them.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tenakeetwo