DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Pro weak transmission signal

CoreyD

Reactions
Hi, I’ve had my Mavic Pro 2 for over 2 years and have made 326 flights without much issue. Recently I have a transmission signal adjust antennas notification pop up and the screen goes black. I’ve had a similar issue in the past where if I switched from video mode to photo mode the screen would go black for about 2 seconds and come back on then it would be stuck in photo mode until I restarted the drone. I resolved this issue with a new memory card and have not had that happen since. Back to my current situation. I decided to calibrate the IMU before taking it out and it said there was a firmware update for the remote, so I updated it. When I got to my flight location and powered everything up I noticed the screen display quality was not great(I use an iPad 6th generation). I also was unable to set my home point even though it was in gps mode with I think about 8 satellites. I took off and thought maybe I’ll be able to set it when I get a little altitude. I walked about 20 feet from the drone and the screen quality was terrible and asking me to adjust antennas. I decided to take it up about 100ft to see what was going to happen, and that’s when the screen just blacked out from no signal. I tried moving the antennas around but nothing improved the situation. I landed and packed it up and when I got home I decided to check for updates. I found there was new firmware for the drone which it didn’t previously notify me about so I updated it. Still can’t walk 10 feet away from the drone without losing vide transmission. I tried degrading firmware in the remote and drone with DJI Assistant 2 and it seemed to have solved the issue. I was able to walk the remote all through my house and in different rooms away from the drone with no transmission signal loss. I decided to go for a flight this morning and just tested it in my yard first. Transmission signal problems again. I decided to update(with assistant 2) and calibrate everything I could think of.
Some interesting things that happened: Inconsistent firmware slider for batteries now popped up for all of my batteries. No problem, just update them and go fly. After I updated a battery the signal issue was gone with each of my 4 batteries...until I restarted the drone, then the problem was back. I know it’s a long winded post but I wanted to cover all of the bases. Also I removed the memory card for all of this testing, and did try different remote to iPad cables, and deleted and re-loaded Go4. Anybody have suggestions?

Hi, I’ve had my Mavic Pro 2 for over 2 years and have made 326 flights without much issue. Recently I have a transmission signal adjust antennas notification pop up and the screen goes black. I’ve had a similar issue in the past where if I switched from video mode to photo mode the screen would go black for about 2 seconds and come back on then it would be stuck in photo mode until I restarted the drone. I resolved this issue with a new memory card and have not had that happen since. Back to my current situation. I decided to calibrate the IMU before taking it out and it said there was a firmware update for the remote, so I updated it. When I got to my flight location and powered everything up I noticed the screen display quality was not great(I use an iPad 6th generation). I also was unable to set my home point even though it was in gps mode with I think about 8 satellites. I took off and thought maybe I’ll be able to set it when I get a little altitude. I walked about 20 feet from the drone and the screen quality was terrible and asking me to adjust antennas. I decided to take it up about 100ft to see what was going to happen, and that’s when the screen just blacked out from no signal. I tried moving the antennas around but nothing improved the situation. I landed and packed it up and when I got home I decided to check for updates. I found there was new firmware for the drone which it didn’t previously notify me about so I updated it. Still can’t walk 10 feet away from the drone without losing vide transmission. I tried degrading firmware in the remote and drone with DJI Assistant 2 and it seemed to have solved the issue. I was able to walk the remote all through my house and in different rooms away from the drone with no transmission signal loss. I decided to go for a flight this morning and just tested it in my yard first. Transmission signal problems again. I decided to update(with assistant 2) and calibrate everything I could think of.
Some interesting things that happened: Inconsistent firmware slider for batteries now popped up for all of my batteries. No problem, just update them and go fly. After I updated a battery the signal issue was gone with each of my 4 batteries...until I restarted the drone, then the problem was back. I know it’s a long winded post but I wanted to cover all of the bases. Also I removed the memory card for all of this testing, and did try different remote to iPad cables, and deleted and re-loaded Go4. Anybody have suggestions?
were you aware that there was a recent IOS GO4 APP update,check in the APP store and see if it shows up

Welcome to the Mavic 2 Family :

Updates can be tricky and many times were quick to hit the update button on the controller when really
we should be using the Assistant 2 for your specific Drone to increase your potential of a successful update.

We have found that Intelligent batteries if not updated properly can really cause havoc with the drone.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic in the Rain / Snow

Reactions: Drone Master
were you aware that there was a recent IOS GO4 APP update,check in the APP store and see if it shows up
Hi thanks, yes I saw that, but I deleted and reloaded go4 last week so I’m assuming it’s the latest version.

Reactions: old man mavic
Welcome to the Mavic 2 Family :

Updates can be tricky and many times were quick to hit the update button on the controller when really
we should be using the Assistant 2 for your specific Drone to increase your potential of a successful update.

We have found that Intelligent batteries if not updated properly can really cause havoc with the drone.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic in the Rain / Snow
Hi, I have used Assistant 2 for everything now and still having problems.

Here's shot in the dark... could it be that the signal cable from the antenna in the RC has failed?
It would help to eliminate variables by borrowing someone else's RC to see if that is the problem.

Reactions: old man mavic

Here is an update on my situation. I have taken the drone to a DJI authorize repair facility. They were unable to duplicate my problem. They however did not check it with my device cable or battery. This happens to me 100% of the time no matter where I fly it. Places I have flown many times before. I’m beyond frustrated with DJI, as they initially respond to you on Twitter but then just ignore you. I’m going to try a different device and cable this weekend and see if it makes a difference. I’ve attached a YouTube link of it acting up. I display the signal strength toward the end of the video.

Here is an update on my situation. I have taken the drone to a DJI authorize repair facility. They were unable to duplicate my problem. They however did not check it with my device cable or battery. This happens to me 100% of the time no matter where I fly it. Places I have flown many times before. I’m beyond frustrated with DJI, as they initially respond to you on Twitter but then just ignore you. I’m going to try a different device and cable this weekend and see if it makes a difference. I’ve attached a YouTube link of it acting up. I display the signal strength toward the end of the video.
You need to get a new controller and eliminate that as the problem.
Than the cable . I dont think its the drone.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic in the Rain and Land on Water.

Reactions: Thomas B
Well, I was able to find someone with a Mavic 2 Pro and we tried his remote, cable and phone. It still has transmission issues. It has to be in the drone. I disassembled the drone and so far I don’t see any problems, nothing obvious. Probably going to be the most expensive circuit board?. I think I’ll reassemble it and see if maybe it was a bad connection or something. I wish I had a way to know for sure that it’s the main board. I have that part out of the drone and could easily replace it without sending the drone off.

Corey, how did you test the board or did a shop do it?
I’m not sure how they tested it, I think maybe they had run into this before and had the parts on hand to test. The range issue has been resolved although now my gps is acting a little weird. My home point was moving around a bit(had 13 to 17 satellites that flight)and the trace line that the drone makes on the map was acting like it couldn’t keep up with the drone. The drone symbol on the map would sort of outrun the tracer line then the line would have to catch it if that makes sense. I might try a firmware refresh to see if it resolves it.

I'm having the exact same problem as of today.
Trying to see if my issue can be fixed with upgrading and downgrading firmware.
Its only been an issue after the new firmware, so I'll be pretty pissed off if I have to pay for it when the firmware update is thr issue (as I've seen lots of problems with it)

Was it defo the Circuit board or was it the Motherboard?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shakes60