DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 pro zoom setting

cagliostro

Reactions
Hi, does the Mavic Pro 2 have any camera zoom in video or taking stills ? Sorry if this is a silly question, just kind seem to figure it out. Thanks in advance!

I don’t have an MP2 but the MP has digital zoom using the 5d stick.
I find it very effective for general use.

Reactions: cagliostro
You can sort of have a "fake" zoom in video 4k by switching from full to HQ modes. The HQ mode crops in to the middle providing roughly 39mm eqv focal length FOV.

You can sort of have a "fake" zoom in video 4k by switching from full to HQ modes. The HQ mode crops in to the middle providing roughly 39mm eqv focal length FOV.

This sounds interesting!! I don’t mean to sound stupid (which I am:), but could you please give a brief description how to do this in settings? I would be grateful! Thanks !!

The Pro sort of has all kinds of zoom, you just can't dynamically zoom for the dolly zoom effect, but for all other scenarios it is there. First of all Full FOV - 28mm, HQ mode - 39mm, crop into 1080p (same as digital zoom on the Zoom model, just better quality) - 56mm or 78mm depending on FOV. So - all kinds of creative options and everything with the Hasselblad Dlog-M goodness. I'm having hard time seeing any reason to get the Zoom model, given that everyone now will be doing those silly dolly zooms and we'll get bored of it.

The Pro sort of has all kinds of zoom, you just can't dynamically zoom for the dolly zoom effect, but for all other scenarios it is there. First of all Full FOV - 28mm, HQ mode - 39mm, crop into 1080p (same as digital zoom on the Zoom model, just better quality) - 56mm or 78mm depending on FOV. So - all kinds of creative options and everything with the Hasselblad Dlog-M goodness. I'm having hard time seeing any reason to get the Zoom model, given that everyone now will be doing those silly dolly zooms and we'll get bored of it.

Brilliant, thanks for that !! I’ll give it a go... yes be prepared for dolly zoom invasion lol!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vanillasky