DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 pro's POSSIBLY not writing .DAT files to the phone but Mavic 2 Zoom does.

• Thread starter Deleted member 103366
  • Start date
Yes I know but the pro's have previously been flown with an RC1B so they might have had old file stucture left, anyhow.......
I have just put a freshly formated card in one of the pro's, linked it to an RC1B, hovered the drone and shot a video.No corresponding DAT file on the phone and the MISC folder on the card contains only three folders, GIS, IDX & THM, sorry no fc_log.log file
Has DJI found a solution update for the RC1B or do you buy a RC1A?

For clarity, where are you looking for these DATs? i.e. what folder?
Do you have sync'ing switched on?
If so switch it off and try another power up with the phone and controller connected etc..
If you do not have sync'ing switched on and are looking in the correct folder then sorry I have no explanation.
All the RC1A's I have tried recorded DATs.

Reactions: Chuampis
For clarity, where are you looking for these DATs? i.e. what folder?
Do you have sync'ing switched on?
If so switch it off and try another power up with the phone and controller connected etc..
If you do not have sync'ing switched on and are looking in the correct folder then sorry I have no explanation.
All the RC1A's I have tried recorded DATs.
Im looking at MCDatFlightRecords inside FlightRecords folder.
I use an iPhone and iExplorer to explore the files on windows.

Ahh, I have just had a look at my iphone and there are no DATs. I normally use an android device and have only flown 4 flights using an iphone (back in July) and at the moment I don't know why type of controller was used. I will make a short flight in a while with an RC1A and see if there is a DAT.

Ahh, I have just had a look at my iphone and there are no DATs. I normally use an android device and have only flown 4 flights using an iphone (back in July) and at the moment I don't know why type of controller was used. I will make a short flight in a while with an RC1A and see if there is a DAT.
ill wait for your update...

I have DATs, 3 of them, sorry.
Can you try a quick flight or power-up, ensure that sync'ing with DJI is disabled and, for the belt and braces approach, your wifi connection is off.
I can never remember how you check that sync'ing is disabled.
Just checking, are you copying the entire Flightrecords folder to windows etc.?
If so for safety's sake use a new storage location.
I just got asked if I wanted to overwrite the existing location, I am not at all familiar with the workings of IOS so do not know how to copy just the new records and add them to the old, so I answered no and wrote them to a new folder in windows.

Last edited by a moderator:
... Can you try a... or power-up, ensure that sync'ing with DJI is disabled and, for the belt and braces approach, your wifi connection is off.
I can never remember how you check that sync'ing is disabled...
Yep, have already advised him to do a power up in his own thread under the Mavic Crash & Flyaway Assistance section ...

M2's use DJI GO4 ... no autosync is happening there & no setting to disable it exists, you always sync manually.

I have DATs, 3 of them, sorry.
Can you try a quick flight or power-up, ensure that sync'ing with DJI is disabled and, for the belt and braces approach, your wifi connection is off.
I can never remember how you check that sync'ing is disabled.
Just checking, are you copying the entire Flightrecords folder to windows etc.?
If so for safety's sake use a new storage location.
I just got asked if I wanted to overwrite the existing location, I am not at all familiar with the workings of IOS so do not know how to copy just the new records and add them to the old, so I answered no and wrote them to a new folder in windows.
Yep, have already advised him to do a power up in his own thread under the Mavic Crash & Flyaway Assistance section ...

M2's use DJI GO4 ... no autosync is happening there & no setting to disable it exists, you always sync manually.

The power up is to turn on the drone, connect my phone to the RC and then turn off all??? or i need to do anything else?

correct, though if might be better to
1) connect the phone to the controller,
2) start the app and switch the controller on
3) switch the drone on
a short indoor or outdoor hover, or even just a motor start and idle, will not hurt and would record a txt which would also include the corresponding DAT number

Switching off would be the reverse
4) drone off
5) controller off, app off
6) disconnect the phone

correct, though if might be better to
1) connect the phone to the controller,
2) start the app and switch the controller on
3) switch the drone on
a short indoor or outdoor hover, or even just a motor start and idle, will not hurt and would record a txt which would also include the corresponding DAT number

Switching off would be the reverse
4) drone off
5) controller off, app off
6) disconnect the phone
Do it all and in the MCDatFlightRecords now have the dat file for this try.

Attachments

• Captura de pantalla 2021-02-02 193120.jpg
    Captura de pantalla 2021-02-02 193120.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 8
As i mentioned, with the new try, only dat file for that try... not DAT file for any other flight :(

That is expected, those logs are gone unless DJI will send them to you. You could email them and ask for them. I am not sure what info they will require to give them back to you.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143