DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 repair - seek help

may.bee

Reactions
Hey guys, my mavic 2 crashed a little into the ground today. The damage seems not too bad, but I'm not sure, if I should fly it before it is repaired? So far all the kabels seem to be fine and the lights & motions are functioning when I start the device. But it is crooked and I have no further knowledge on how to get it fixed. Is it possible to do it by myself somehow? Does this part need to be switched out by some proffesionell? Should I send it to DJI? And what cost should I expect? I appreciate any advice and tips. :)

Reactions: Cafguy
The arm looks a little damaged BUT it looks to me that you only need a replacement "leg" its a cheap and easy fix Does the Arm feel funny when you fold it now?

from memory the big problem with this repair is getting the LED board out of the old landing leg and into the new one, my guess is that in manufacture the wires are soldered to the board and then the wires are fed through hole, the board then 'pulled' snug against the leg.
Without soldering I suspect that the only way you will be able to fit the old board to the new leg is to open up the hole in the leg and pass the board through it.
There are youtubes showing this but watch as many as you can find.
Heating the plastic with a hair drier might make things a bit easier. Ditto the glue that holds the wiring in place.

I would also check that the arm with the damaged leg droops to the same extent as the other front leg. In my crash I bent the pin at the top of the actual pivot and this caused the arm to droop lower than the undamaged arm. Replacing the pivot, if needed, is easy but there is a tricky to it and would be the subject of another post.

Does everthing else work and does the drone connect to the controller and give video on the screen ?
One set of anntennae are in the leg.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fshields