DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 set up problem

Doofje

Reactions
So I just recieved my brand new Mavic 2 Pro and was really excited to start flying it. But when I downloaded the DJI Go 4 app and went to set it up, I got stuck at step 3 (picture attached) anyway why I can't link to aircraft? I'm using a Galaxy S8

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190129-221715.jpg
    Screenshot_20190129-221715.jpg
    259.1 KB · Views: 67
Is the AC on? If so, does the display on the RC itself show "connecting" if it shows "connecting", then your AC and RC are not bound together. That would be unusual for all new, from the factory and never used pair.
Normally you would use the app to set the RC in bind mode, but you don't seem to be in a position in the app to enable it. There is a series of button presses on the RC to engage the bind mode from there. Once the RC is in binding mode, there's a button on the AC under one of those little flaps with an LED next to it. Press the button once. Don't use a stylus to press it or you might break the button off the circuit board. It's just flush enough that your finger should be able to engage it.

Assuming the RC and AC are connected (RC shows AC status), you may have an issue with the USB cable. If you are using the long cable connected to the bottom full size USB A port, you must disconnect the short cable from the side port to enable data on the bottom one.
If you are using the short cable, make sure it is properly connected on both ends.

The linking LED on the aircraft should flash green when it sees the RC trying to link to it. I bought a new controller, not the crystal sky one, and found that linking through the g04 app RC settings, its the last in the list, worked for me.

Is the AC on? If so, does the display on the RC itself show "connecting" if it shows "connecting", then your AC and RC are not bound together. That would be unusual for all new, from the factory and never used pair.
Normally you would use the app to set the RC in bind mode, but you don't seem to be in a position in the app to enable it. There is a series of button presses on the RC to engage the bind mode from there. Once the RC is in binding mode, there's a button on the AC under one of those little flaps with an LED next to it. Press the button once. Don't use a stylus to press it or you might break the button off the circuit board. It's just flush enough that your finger should be able to engage it.

Assuming the RC and AC are connected (RC shows AC status), you may have an issue with the USB cable. If you are using the long cable connected to the bottom full size USB A port, you must disconnect the short cable from the side port to enable data on the bottom one.
If you are using the short cable, make sure it is properly connected on both ends.

Thanks for the response. I don't have an issue with the controller connecting to the aircraft, it connects no problem. I guess my phone just doesn't realize it. I know the short cable works because when I plug it in it starts charging my phone, so no issue there. So I decided to try an iPhone 7 and had zero problems. Connected and updated firmware and was flying within 10 minutes. Is there a setting on my S8 that I've gotta change? I'm thinking I'll just buy myself an iPhone now haha

So I just recieved my brand new Mavic 2 Pro and was really excited to start flying it. But when I downloaded the DJI Go 4 app and went to set it up, I got stuck at step 3 (picture attached) anyway why I can't link to aircraft? I'm using a Galaxy S8

I've found with my Android devices if I go into developer option and enable USB debugging it makes a huge difference. I've got about 50 flights on my Samsung Tab S3 and have never had an issue since enabling it Also make sure USB mode is set correctly, if your set to "file transfer" it won't see the aircraft.

Reactions: Hedonist222
I've found with my Android devices if I go into developer option and enable USB debugging it makes a huge difference. I've got about 50 flights on my Samsung Tab S3 and have never had an issue since enabling it Also make sure USB mode is set correctly, if your set to "file transfer" it won't see the aircraft.

I've already tried the debugging option it I haven't tried changing USB mode. I'll give it a go when I get home and let you know

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
topcomons