DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 version update V01.00.0530

deputyrick

Reactions
I have tried updating this version at least 5 times and have let it run until the remotes battery has about died and it has never updated anything over the starting 0%. Although it does show the paper airplane flying from the file, nothing happens. Any ideas?

Are you trying to update date it on the remote itself on WiFi? That won’t work. You have to use Assistant 2 for Mavic.

Reactions: Thomas B
There are two ways to update the firmware:

Method 1: Power up your Mavic 2 and use the DJI Go 4 app to upgrade the aircraft (and/or battery) firmware
Method 2: Download and install the "DJI Assistant 2 For Mavic" software, use the USB-C cable to connect your drone to your computer then power up your Mavic 2 and run DJI Assistant 2

DJI Assistent 2 Link: DJI - The World Leader in Camera Drones/Quadcopters for Aerial Photography

If method 1 does not work, try method 2.

There are two ways to update the firmware:

Method 1: Power up your Mavic 2 and use the DJI Go 4 app to upgrade the aircraft (and/or battery) firmware
Method 2: Download and install the "DJI Assistant 2 For Mavic" software, use the USB-C cable to connect your drone to your computer then power up your Mavic 2 and run DJI Assistant 2

DJI Assistent 2 Link: DJI - The World Leader in Camera Drones/Quadcopters for Aerial Photography

If method 1 does not work, try method 2.
I think I got it now. thank you for all the help.

Go here: Mavic 2 - Specifications, FAQs, Videos, Tutorials, Manuals - DJI

and scroll down to the downloads list and you can download it to your PC/Mac. Then you'll need to connect your RC to the computer with the USB-C cable that came from DJI (not sure what's different about this cable, but I tried several others that didn't work). Then push the update from Asst2 to the RC.

I have seen a *few* people say the wifi method worked for them, but far more said it didn't. Even though it seems that the controller makes you think you can do it that way, the instructions from DJI say to use Assistant 2. Mine failed repeatedly until I used Asst2.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Poppy52