DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 zoom APAS and active track not working correctly

FlyingDetector

Reactions
Wondering if anyone can help me here, I heard DJI customer line's horrible, experience it first hand today they are, transfer me to 3 people and still couldn't help me, I email DJI support and they email me back a list probably taking off a script somewhere.
I've been flying my Mavic 2 since 9/7/18. just 2 days ago when i press the apas Icon on my Ipad it turns blue but the craft does not turn like it did before, and also before I notice that after you press the apas icon there would be a message saying APAS is enable, now to the other problem, when I'm in active track i only use the trace mode, it works and would follow me around but would not dodge branches like before, now it just runs into them, also i notice before when i'm in active track mode a green icon say safe on it, now i see a green icon which says slow, when tap on it.says fast.

Last edited:
Reactions: detectorguy
Suggest you try using Assistant 2 and refresh the firmware first. Delete and reinstall the App on your smart/phone or tablet.

This is what DJI will have you do so you might want to start there.

If the collision sensors have lost calibration it would effect both of those functions. So also re-calibrate the vision system.

From what I seen when we went flying your bird needs to go to the emergency room . It is in Bad shape and I would not fly her again.

As we speak now its on the ambulance and on its way to DJI hospital. All the CPR in the world couldn't save it. I was very happy with it, but I'll miss it for now.

Wondering if anyone can help me here, I heard DJI customer line's horrible, experience it first hand today they are, transfer me to 3 people and still couldn't help me, I email DJI support and they email me back a list probably taking off a script somewhere.
I've been flying my Mavic 2 since 9/7/18. just 2 days ago when i press the apas Icon on my Ipad it turns blue but the craft does not turn like it did before, and also before I notice that after you press the apas icon there would be a message saying APAS is enable, now to the other problem, when I'm in active track i only use the trace mode, it works and would follow me around but would not dodge branches like before, now it just runs into them, also i notice before when i'm in active track mode a green icon say safe on it, now i see a green icon which says slow, when tap on it.says fast.
Hei, Thanks for the sharing; I have a similar issue, did you fix the issue? Please share

I have the same similar problem, this happen the second time, the first time I had to return the drone to dji, they replace a new one for me, now it happen to me again. Any one has any solution please share. I hate to return the drone back to DJI.

I have the same similar problem, this happen the second time, the first time I had to return the drone to dji, they replace a new one for me, now it happen to me again. Any one has any solution please share. I hate to return the drone back to DJI.
Sorry those idiots at DJI wouldn't do anything for me, they told me it was pilot error, mine was only 2 weeks old, I got so piss, I smashed it to pieces and set on fire(tempted to put on youtube but not till I settle the case), You should just return it back hopefully they'll replace with a better one. I'm still a legal process with them since sept.

did you get your issue solved?

hei, what happen to your Mavic 2? did they replace you a new one? My story get become more complicated. I had three Mavic Pro 2. Every Mavic 2, the APAS failed after 8th days of attempt to use the APAS ; the 1st to 8th days work well, then it doesn't work; its hoover when its see the obstacle, it does not dodge, its stop!! Any way I just want to know about your case, did you get to refund your money?

Sorry those idiots at DJI wouldn't do anything for me, they told me it was pilot error, mine was only 2 weeks old, I got so piss, I smashed it to pieces and set on fire(tempted to put on youtube but not till I settle the case), You should just return it back hopefully they'll replace with a better one. I'm still a legal process with them since sept.
no not yet, in the process of filing a complaint with BBB and small claims, i know very well its a faulty drone
no not yet, in the process of filing a complaint with BBB and small claims, i know very well its a faulty drone
hi, I just want to know, how are you doing now, did you resolve your issue with your mavic pro 2. I really need your expirience because I am having problem with dji similar case like you. please reply

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maviclake