DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Zoom Battery Problems

RickJH

Reactions
Hi Guys,

With lockdown & no drone use for about 9 months, I now have an opportunity to go & take some video footage at a lovely estate here in Devon.

I conditioned my 4 batteries twice by fully charging & then discharging to 60% as recommended by what I had read, however it has been now about 6 months since I did this, (Lockdown/work/etc. etc.) & I thought I would bring my gear up to full operating ready by charging/updating everything I have.

My DJI smart controller is fine, some updates completed & now OK. Standard controller charged & all good but my 4 drone batteries, all outer (charge indicator) lights glow of green but no charge. 4 hours later, removed from my multiple DJI charger (tried it on the single charger too) & wanted to update my Mavic 2 Zoom through software updates (I believe there maybe battery updates) so I seated each battery one after the other, pressed the button, 4 seconds of a lit green outer full charge ring but no indication flashing of charge level, then no lights at all, it's as if the batteries are switching off completely!!

I seated the batteries back in the charger & there is no indication of charge (even though if you press the button, you get a 4 second full circle green 4 section charge ring but no charge flash indication)

I hear the batteries "hibernate" but I have trawled the net but I cannot find anything that matches my issue.

Do I now own 4 (hardly used - 4x max) Mavic 2 Zoom batteries that are completely useless or is there a method to bring them back to life as I believe there are battery/drone updates but without power, I am completely knackered.

Any help would be fantastically appreciated, even if I am told my batteries are destined for the bin. (they look absolutely mint with no swelling whatsoever just for your information)

Many Thanks
Rick

Last edited:
Have you tried charging one battery without the multi charger?.... that would be the standard procedure for waking a battery up. Worth a shot before trying anything else.

Have you tried charging one battery without the multi charger?.... that would be the standard procedure for waking a battery up. Worth a shot before trying anything else.
Yes, tried both, but no lights at all. I have changed my post as i said there was an inner light but there isn't. (my mistake). All 4 outer charge lights are lit when pressed but I get 4 seconds & then all goes off!

Have you forgotten (easy to do after 9 months of lockdown) that you have to press the battery button once and then hold down a second time to start up? It sounds like you are just pressing once (which is the level test only?) If I am wrong, sorry, don't flame me. Just trying to help.

Have you forgotten (easy to do after 9 months of lockdown) that you have to press the battery button once and then hold down a second time to start up? It sounds like you are just pressing once (which is the level test only?) If I am wrong, sorry, don't flame me. Just trying to help.
You Sir, are a Legend!

Lockdown has literally made me forget the basics!! I suggest you book a flight to Devon & enjoy an evening of British hospitality on me here in the UK. All batteries/controller & drone updated, all working superbly & all batteries are fully charged, so I really hope you win this weeks mega jackpot on your national lottery draw & spend it totally on yourself & your family as you have lifted a great cloud from above my head thinking I had to shell out for new batteries!

I am actually more than surprised that my batteries are in such great condition after so long!

I honestly feel like a total d*ck but yet deep down, very, very relieved!

Thank you so much (it should be me being flamed!) Doh!

You deserve a?

This is exactly why we have forums! - ?

Last edited:
ThumbswayupThumbswayupThumbswayupThumbswayup

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swigmofa