DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Zoom bugs?

sea157

Reactions
I am thinking about buying the Mavic 2 Zoom but was wondering if they have all the bugs worked out of it yet?
Anyone having any problems with them?
Any known issues yet?

As far as I know, there werent any bugs to begin with. I have flown and repaired many of both the M2P and M2Z , and they are as solid as rocks, as were their predecessors.

Rob, I know a lot of people were complaining that it did not have precision landing on it when they first came out. Do you know if this has been fixed?

Rob, I know a lot of people were complaining that it did not have precision landing on it when they first came out. Do you know if this has been fixed?
It wasn't broken but it was added in an update. So a lot of handwringing for nothing.

Reactions: sea157

I used it twice the other day. It is quite an amazing feature, at least, to this guy - kind of like a precision landing right next to a crater on the moon. Really, it landed exactly where it took off, including direction.

The Mavic 2 series is pretty well sorted. The original Mavic Pro was an absolute nightmare for dealers and customers alike when it was first released.

I was on the team running the DJI stand at the 2016 UK Drone Show. We had 20 (at the time brand new) Mavic Pros there and there were people literally running towards us with their credit cards out when the doors to the show opened. We sold all 20 Mavics in 21 minutes, I've never seen anything else like it.

There were numerous issues with the gimbals and mainly supply problems with the original Mavic Pro. DJI have clearly learned from this and there have been no such supply issues with the Mavic 2, which is great for both customers and dealers.

Anyway, to answer your question, the Mavic 2 Zoom and Pro have been very well tested and are more bug-free than any other new DJI product I've used.

As @JDawg mentioned, in DJI Go 4 it was absent at the time the M2 was released. Now it's there as well as support for the Crystalsky.

FWIW, I consider a bug similar to a glitch. You press a button and something doesnt work. On the M2, everything always worked, but some features were absent.

I am thinking about buying the Mavic 2 Zoom but was wondering if they have all the bugs worked out of it yet?
Any known issues yet?

BTW, the M2z and M2P have grown on me to become my favorite DJI products ever. I initially didnt like the M2's bulk compared to the MP, but the reduced sound, increased speed, amazing cameras have made a believer out of me.

I think you are starting to look at the right time. There are now some good deals to be found in both new and used packages.

I bought a new Mavic 2 Zoom when it was launched this year. My first DJI product as I came from flying Yuneec drones.

I have had zero issues other than when I fly with my Galaxy S7 I cannot for the life of me get EV functions to work (increase or decrease EV) when flying with manual camera settings. If I change to automatic camera settings they work.

On my iPad all functions work flawlessly.

I could not be happier with my Mavic 2 Zoom. My only problem is not enough time to get out and fly it.

I have been a beta tester for DJI in the past and there will always be bugs with every release of the new version or update. There are so many pieces to the puzzle that must all work together perfectly including your device. But there is nothing that should be a critical problem for you at this time with the Mavic 2.

Any known issues yet?
I have one and have not had any issues other than the return to controller does not work which i think is because I use an iphone X

Any known issues yet?
So far since launch i have found mavic 2 be a very stable platform. There has not been any major bugs that the vast majority of users have encountered, you can google and have look on the forum for yourself. One of bigest thibgs people complained about was the precision landing which was not a bug but just missing fuctionality at launch that most of us exspected mavic 2 to have at launch. The other thibg worth considering is that drones are very complex things and there are lot of enviromental factors and not all drone pilots are nessarily tech savy, so i do feel at times a lot things tend be more pilot error or simplu people still learning. If you for exmaple look on youtube drone crash complications epecially dji drones not home built drone, most of it you can clealy spot crazy bad pilot error and bad decisions :). While i have been very lucky to never lose a dji drone and i hate seeing anyone lose or crash a drone i have admitt that now and again even on this forum when i see a "my mavic fell out of the sky!!!! TOTAL faulire!!!!!" forum post i am always a bit sceptical at first. I have no doubt failures occur but from what i have seen in the community most of the time its pilot error and people trying get atention in hopes dji refresh will give them new gear because they are kicking up a fuss and posting everwhere :) thats just my personal view of the last few years. For most part vast majority of dji drone are very good, and getting a lemon is statistical rare. I still havd spark that i bought at launch it now has 70 hours of flights on and, and 3 crashes all my fault, and its still flies as good as the day i bought it.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rambezito