DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Zoom camera compared to P4P

John Gowland

Premium Pilot
Reactions
How to test the quality of a camera.
I have seen lots of tests but was unhappy with the kind of tests that are done. They usually just fly high over and area.
I think a better test is to show depth from a low position with foreground and distant areas that can really test a cameras range.
I have a Phantom 4 Pro and a Mavic 2 Zoom(M2Z). I kept the P4P for quality and got the M2Z for close up work because I thought the combination ideal for “my” needs, flora and fauna, nature. The M2Z was not really an expense since I intend (hope) to pay for it with a combos Mavic Pro and Mavic Air, both including extras such as batteries.
But I wanted to compare the cameras of the P4P and the M2Z.
I have included a link. At first sight I thought they were pretty similar. But the more you look at it the more you see the difference. I decided on 5 levels of distance, not including the sky or river and examined each.

My conclusions were many but included how good both cameras are.
Just thought I would share.

Enjoy the food for thought.

Reactions: Chris_GREECE
That is the P4P. But I think the M2 Zoom is still a great clip and much improved on the Mavic Pro.
What I would like to see is a comparison between a P4P and Mavic 2 Pro camera from a similar point of view, that is low and looking at multiple layers of distance.

There are plenty of those comparisons between P4P and Mavic.
Mavic pretty much as expected.
I was suprised how much for example Autel Evo is able to pull from the same sensor.
On par with P4P in daylight.

You're right Shewie007, there are plenty. But the point I was trying to make is that tests need to demonstrate how cameras cope with varying depths side by side. But I understand if you don't think that is important. I am just learning like most of us and I wanted to know "exactly" why one camera is better than an other.

The left side looks overexposed, which is washing out most of the detail in the sky.

From a thread in P4P and posted by flyboy73
Some main points are that the P4P camera is much better than the M2Pro and M2Zoom. There is not much difference between the M2Pro and M2 Zoom.
A very in depth analysis of the latest DJI cameras.

So this guy is saying that DJI has to degrade he camera on Mavic Pro because it is overheating the sensor? I don’t hunk they intentionally held back the camera to preserve the phantom line as they did not say that in any marketing material at all.

Zoom still has a small sensor, no reason to expect any more than that.

But the point I was trying to make is that tests need to demonstrate how cameras cope with varying depths side by side.
Looks like the zoom's footage is improperly focused (too close).

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mini2boost