DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Zoom Height readout problem

Lubar

Reactions
My mv2 zoom height readout was very inaccurate. Could be -25ft at landing. VPS readings were correct. Went through the calibration routine several times no help. (imu,compass and sensors). DJI said send it in for repair. Sent it in for repair. DJI was very prompt. Got a new drone back in 7 days.

Calibrated imu, compass and sensors. Relinked rc. Flew it at a very level site and had the exact same height readout problem. When VPS readout is at 30ft. altitude readout could be off by 50ft. During takeoff and hover VPS and altitude readings are close but after a few minutes of flying a short distance altitude and VPS become quite different.

Question is this a common problem? Do I just have to live with it? Am I doing something wrong? My first MV2zoom bought in Oct. 2018 was good until I upgraded firmware from .00 to .02. then the problem started.

Just a thought on the issue with altitude. Are you going from a warm environment (indoors) to a cold (outdoors) environment? Try letting the aircraft acclimate to the new temperature for 10 or 15 minutes prior to flying. The Mavic 2 uses barometric air pressure to calculate altitude. The VPS on the DJI GO 4 is the distance from the aircraft and sensed obstacles derived from the vision sensors on the bottom of the aircraft.

Have you looked at the flights logs to see what the actual pressure measurements are doing?

Haven't looked at the flight logs, will try that. thanks. Being the problem only occurs after a few minutes of flying I have a hunch it occurs after drone is warmed up. Right after take off and a few seconds of hovering above home point everything looks good. Weather temps are around 50 degrees F. Not exactly winter. lol

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Manifest