DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Zoom Intermittent Inconsistent Firmware

DanMan32

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Intermittently since firmware .510, My Mavic 2 zoom had experienced weird issues.

Several weeks ago I was doing a test of how long my original batteries that had swollen can fly compared to new batteries i purchased. I had posted about that somewhere.
Basically I just let the AC hover about 4 feet until auto-land, then see how long it flew.
During one test flight, about 10 minutes in, the AC started drifting in altitude more than usual in hover, that I had to adjust altitude up, lest it hit ground.
Then video feed and telemetry froze, video updating every 30 seconds or so. Battery SoC timeline was ticking off normally though. Battery % and voltage stats went blank, as did height and distance telemetry.
Loss of telemetry might have been after trying to restart the app and reseat USB connections.
When that flight was done and I tried another battery, I received Inconsistent Firmware. It updated the firmware and didn't have issues for some time.
It didn't seem to be just the battery as I had installed all batteries after my first installing .510 and this time it took longer than a battery update would take. None of the batteries called for updates on first install of .510 however.

Today again on first flight of the day, I received Inconsistent Firmware. Again, seemed to take longer than a typical battery update, and I am pretty sure I've used all my batteries since first installing 510, even after the first inconsistent firmware event.

AC seems OK. Only glitch is that Precision Landing seems to be off target by at least a foot. Used to be within a foot. I know PL engaged because a status popped up that PL was lining up with target.
App may not be showing RC position correctly despite my Tab A having GPS. That wouldn't be caused by firmware issues though, nor would it cause Firmware Inconsistency.

I went through all my batteries, and one of them, battery #5 did kick off "inconsistent firmware" Seems strange since I used that battery earlier today as I used my newer batteries numbered 4, 5 and 6. Battery 4 was the one in use when inconsistent firmware was triggered.

When I got the weird behavior followed by inconsistency the first time, it was with the battery I had just finished with my test. Firmware update wouldn't complete but it didn't say because of insufficient charge. Used another battery fully charged, all done. Put the previous one in, no inconsistency.

It could be the batteries triggering it, but doesn't seem to consistently detect batteries needing update.

I also am having intermittent inconsistent firmware messages on my MP2 Z. I had similar problems with my first MP. I flew this twice in early November and did not have any issues with any of the three batteries. Since I am flying tomorrow I am going to charge the batteries and controller but decided to fire it up to see if a firmware upgrade or DB upgrade was available. I got the error message on one battery. I shutdown and restarted everything using battery 2 and 3 and no warning messages. The batteries are labeled.

With previous warnings I did not pay attention to which battery was installed. I just hit update.I never tried to fly it without updating. Nor have a tried to reboot everything with the same battery installed without updating to see if I get the same message.

Installed firmware does not get 'inconsistent' with non use especially just one battery' firmware. What is checking the consistency of firmware, the app, controller or MP? I do not recall seeing anything from DJI stating that the ambiguous message is related to the battery and not the controller or MP2? Nor is the there any notice specifying what the firmware is updating.

Being a 107 I don't want to risk having a problem due to not updating. It would seem to be good customer relations for DJI to elaborate what this message is referring to and how to resolve it and not emulate Apple.

Cause of firmware inconsistencies were more apparent on P3's since it generated a log of all the P3's components and what version firmware was on it.

The M2 is the same in that there are various components with their own firmware, the firmware we download being a package for all of them. The battery is one of the several components. Gimbal and flight controller would be a couple others. It probably has a manifest that the installer and Power On Test can check against.
It would be nice if we could see a log showing us where the inconsistencies existed.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest