DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Zoom MTOM

Bart000

Reactions
As per title, do any of you guys know the Maximum Takeoff Mass for a Mavic Zoom? I know the Takeoff mass is 905g but can’t find the maximum payload weight it can carry? Cheers ?

I’d have thought they would have had some idea what they deem a safe payload. If not that’s fine, I was just looking for the information to write it in my Ops. Manual. If I ever need spotlights or speakers etc I could be working outside the parameters set out in the manual.

I’d have thought they would have had some idea what they deem a safe payload. If not that’s fine, I was just looking for the information to write it in my Ops. Manual. If I ever need spotlights or speakers etc I could be working outside the parameters set out in the manual.
Well, the Enterprise models can carry extra gear but I don't know what that might weigh. I *THINK* that the motors, etc are the same as the Zoom and Pro2 so that might give you can idea. You can check in the Enterprise subforum where you might find additional info.

some crazy people were using mavic 2 stripped powered by 2 5000mah lipo bricks, to set flight (hover) duration records, so, it technically can lift quite a bit, but, it does not mean it will be able to move much with such weight.

As per title, do any of you guys know the Maximum Takeoff Mass for a Mavic Zoom? I know the Takeoff mass is 905g but can’t find the maximum payload weight it can carry? Cheers ?
Seems no one knows. Suggestion make a sling and start adding weight until it has a problem lifting anymore and post the result.

Enterprise specs:
AIRCRAFT
Takeoff Weight(Without Accessories)Zoom Edition:905 g
Dual Edition:899 g
Max Takeoff Weight1100 g

It also depends on the ambient density altitude.

Reactions: kadras
sorry to resurrect this old(ish) thread, but i've been trying to find out the max takeoff weight of the zoom/pro to no avail other than this thread (and the youtube guy with the water jug). autel evo lists max takeoff weight at 1000g. easy. for the mavic 2, it's a ridiculous exercise.

now, i am assuming that the m2 enterprise edition is identical to the m2 save for the attachments. aircaft weights are identical (905g), and i thought i read a teardown where it was determined that the motors are identical as well (correct if wrong). if this is true, then the 1100g shown a few threads above seems plausible. my questions are: 1. is the m2zoom the same as the m2 enterprise? where is this 1100g max weight of the m2e listed? i can't seem to find it

I purchased a Drone Sky Hook bait drop system for my MZ. From what I read, the M2 could carry a payload of 1.2 kg. It's recommended that the payload is kept under 28 ounces. www.droneskyhook.com

Last edited:
What's been your experience with that payload device? Did you compare to others before buying?
The device works well. I just have to remember to turn it on before and after I drop a payload and that I have to hit the designated button twice for it to drop. After using it a few times you get used to it and it becomes automatic. The directions also could be clearer about mounting the system that it has to be connected over the front LED light. I looked at the Gannet system also, made in Australia, but decided against it. They only accepted Paypal for payment. I don't have a Paypal account.

The device works well. I just have to remember to turn it on before and after I drop a payload and that I have to hit the designated button twice for it to drop. After using it a few times you get used to it and it becomes automatic. The directions also could be clearer about mounting the system that it has to be connected over the front LED light. I looked at the Gannet system also, made in Australia, but decided against it. They only accepted Paypal for payment. I don't have a Paypal account.

That Gannet dropper does look well done.

Reactions: PureBlue
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotSure