DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Zoom - Obstacle Avoidance

Karakoram

Reactions
Hey guys, this hasn't happened to me before and so needing help with it here - I just deployed my M2Z for the first time after the latest firmware update (two days ago) and although there are no obstacles at all, the avoidance starts to go off and I cannot move my M2Z at all except up and down. The battery is freshly charged, no ND filters, low/soft light (was trying to get the sunset over the hills). Can someone please help? Thanks much!!
Naveed from the Karakoram Mountains

Hey guys, this hasn't happened to me before and so needing help with it here - I just deployed my M2Z for the first time after the latest firmware update (two days ago) and although there are no obstacles at all, the avoidance starts to go off and I cannot move my M2Z at all except up and down. The battery is freshly charged, no ND filters, low/soft light (was trying to get the sunset over the hills). Can someone please help? Thanks much!!
Naveed from the Karakoram Mountains

Any chance you your take off showed some magnetic interference that compromised the compass.
Or that you had your sensors on and they got confused and froze up. ?

Any chance you your take off showed some magnetic interference that compromised the compass.
Or that you had your sensors on and they got confused and froze up. ?
Sensors were on and I was set on Tripod mode, which I normally use for cinematic shots I want to get but this had never happened before now. No magnetic interference either, I took off from my roof, I've taken off at least a dozen times from the same exact spot before. I've found through various sources online that a re-config might be required through DJI Assistant 2 - but now I cannot seem to download that.

Don’t know if this applies to your situation, but DJI sensors often misinterpret the sun as an obstacle.,
Hey thanks for replying to my post! So I managed to download the DJI Assistant 2 and recalibrated my sensors through it, and just came back down from my roof after a very successful sunset flight - launched from the same spot I had issues with. I suppose that was the trick! Thanks so much everyone!

• Love
Reactions: Lionfish and Gindra
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato