DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 zoom Smart controller tablet

MAMBA2200

Reactions
Can anyone tell me how to get a samsung galaxy tab 4 to work with the smart controller I have tried wired , wireless everything I know to do and cannot get it to link all I'm wanting is to use for a lager screen for video

I looked into using a tablet she time ago and this is what I found:
Its actually possible to use an iPad or Android based tablet as second monitor with your DJI Smart Controller - with no cables needed.
Install "APOWERMIRROR" on the Smart Controller and your tablet
Install PDANet+ on your Smart Controller (as a WiFi hotspot)
Share your Phones WiFi with the SC
Enable the WiFi hotspot on the SC
Start APOWERMIRROR on SC and your tablet and cast/mirror the SCs image to your tablet. Voila
1f642.png
:)
Lagg is about 0.4s so its acceptable for a cheap 2nd monitor solution.

Reactions: Mavic2zoomAptos
Casting or using the HDMI output to a monitor is all you can do, the whole point of the SC is that the tablet is built in and you thus can't connect another one.

Then there is a second option, had to get mine to illustrate. You can hook up a small camera monitor for video production. This is a 7" HD monitor, runs off Sony batteries, hooks up to the HDMI output. Some drone guy called Thor, made a mount for tablets and such to mount to your smart controller. BTW, I am selling my monitor, which I just got to run off a LIDAR unit, but ended up using a different unit. It is basically new in the box with a hood and battery for $100 + shipping if you want a different option. PM if you need one.
IMG_5250.JPG

If you want a wired solution

Get a HDMI capture card/dongle with a micro usb connector and a hdmi cable and the micro usb otg cable.

Connect the dongle it to the Smart controller HDMI port (using hdmi cable) and then to the micro usb port on the tablet (using the micro usb otg cable)

Install the "USB camera" app on the tablet and run it to get the video feed and adjust the video feed settings in the app to suit the tablet resolution.

Can anyone tell me how to get a samsung galaxy tab 4 to work with the smart controller I have tried wired , wireless everything I know to do and cannot get it to link all I'm wanting is to use for a lager screen for video
The Smart Controller has a HDMI output on it, so any type of monitor or screen with an HDMI input should work directly. As others have mentioned, there are ways to take the HDMI output and convert it to a different type of format, and then feed it into a different monitor or tablet if they don't accept a direct HDMI feed.

I use it for other people viewing it for the shots that they want.... hard to let them look at the controller and see while I'm flying......thank you all for the help will try some of these options to see what works best

I use it for other people viewing it for the shots that they want.... hard to let them look at the controller and see while I'm flying......thank you all for the help will try some of these options to see what works best

latency in most of the solutions other than a free standing monitor with hdmi input, would mean the moment would be lost once the client decided what they wanted.

If you want a wired solution

Get a HDMI capture card/dongle with a micro usb connector and a hdmi cable and the micro usb otg cable.

Connect the dongle it to the Smart controller HDMI port (using hdmi cable) and then to the micro usb port on the tablet (using the micro usb otg cable)

Install the "USB camera" app on the tablet and run it to get the video feed and adjust the video feed settings in the app to suit the tablet resolution.
Do you think this setup would work with the bt-300's?

Do you think this setup would work with the bt-300's?

I'm using this setup with my BT-300's connected via hdmi to the Crystalsky running Litchi flying the Mavic Mini, so it should work with DJI Fly on the SC as it just displaying the hdmi feed on the BT-300's.

I like this solution as you don't have to control the app from within the BT-300's, which is very finnicky.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78