DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Zoom startup problems...

Ramjet

Reactions
Been snowing here so not too many good days to get to do this..

Finally had a good day to unpack the 2 zoom for the first time but start ups been a $#%&...

The update will not connect to network and the app continually goes from showing my RC connected to disconnected, like a flicker...

Wtf is going on, tempted to just box it up, send it back and stick with my Pro 1...

Dont give up on it. Im guessing you are trying to update through the controller? Have you tried connecting the M2 directly to your computer and updating the firmware using DJI Assistant 2?

Dont give up on it. Im guessing you are trying to update through the controller? Have you tried connecting the M2 directly to your computer and updating the firmware using DJI Assistant 2?

I only have a tablet and a smartphone, I have no use for a computer...

I'm more concerned with the RC flickering disconnected to connected with no explanation...

I thought DJI said they fixed the network to allow downloading software through the app?

I'll try reloading the app...

Perhaps you can borrow the use of someones computer that would let you install DJI Assistant 2.
Assistant 2 is needed to calibrate the vision sensors if you ever needed to do that. It is recommended to do the calibration after a crash.
You can get a rather inexpensive laptop to the job, though you would also need internet.

Even with the M1 Pro you might get the same issue from time to time, since the same app is used to update its firmware, if not done through a PC.

It certainly helps to own a computer if you own a DJI product. Updating firmware, calibrating sensors, etc made alot easier. But good luck.

Thanks, just spend $850 on an HP Pavilion i5:p

Got the download done successfully through the assistant 2 program on windows 10.
Just need it to quit snowing and do a compass calibration and I'll be GTG.

Thanks, just spend $850 on an HP Pavilion i5

OP, just curious why you went with the HP Pavillion I5? I use the Pavilion as my desktop, and it has been rock solid. It might help other members who are trying to decide on a desktop as to what your requirements were before buying.

Reactions: Ramjet
OP, just curious why you went with the HP Pavillion I5? I use the Pavilion as my desktop, and it has been rock solid. It might help other members who are trying to decide on a desktop as to what your requirements were before buying.

It was the best deal out of the other junk they were selling at Walmart...

Most of the others were cheap junk or chrome books.

Just an FWI for people upgrading to Windows 10, you have to load the DJI assistant 2 program as administrator or it won't load the drivers properly...

Reactions: Former Member
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Keith J