DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 Zoom with Smart Controller

Dronographer1

Reactions
After reading the sticky, it would appear that I need to send the logs to DJI. Is that correct ? Or is there some sub-set of the logs that I can post here ? In a nutshell, after performing the automated circling maneuver I stopped the function. It did stop and then slowly drifted down and away . 10foot AGL and 50 yards away. Would not respond to anything but "up". Which I did to avoid the trees and traffic on the road. Yikes !! It just hovered there for about 10 minutes (with stress it may have been only 2 or 3) FINALLY one of the RTH requests was acknowledged and it came back to me. I Cancelled RTH once it was in a safe area and I had full control. Baffled and Bewildered.

Or is there some sub-set of the logs that I can post here ?
The txt file from your phone or tablet might be all that's required.

Go to DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help
Follow the instructions there to upload your flight record from your phone or tablet.
That will give you a detailed report of the flight.
Come back and post a link to the report it gives you.
Or .. just post the txt file here.

Reactions: Thomas B
The txt file from your phone or tablet might be all that's required.

Go to DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help
Follow the instructions there to upload your flight record from your phone or tablet.
That will give you a detailed report of the flight.
Come back and post a link to the report it gives you.
Or .. just post the txt file here.
No phone txt file available. I was using the Smart Controller.

Thanks for the help guys. Finally found the logs. There were 3 on that date. The time was around 6:30 and I had just stopped the quick shot circling when it went crazy.

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2021-03-07_[14-02-04].txt
    373.8 KB · Views: 6
  • DJIFlightRecord_2021-03-07_[14-10-35].txt
    160.1 KB · Views: 6
  • DJIFlightRecord_2021-03-07_[14-13-58].txt
    428.9 KB · Views: 4
Thanks for the help guys. Finally found the logs. There were 3 on that date. The time was around 6:30 and I had just stopped the quick shot circling when it went crazy.
Those flights were just after 2pm and lasted for 3, 5 & 10 mins.
None fit the description of your incident.

Hmm, I did find it funny there were 3 logs for 1 date. Maybe the date/time is wrong in the controller. I will look again,for a date with only 1 flight.

So I went back and verified the time and date are correct on the Contoller. I then realized I was thinking of the wrong date ! I have attached the 2 logs I found on the correct date. Doh!!

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2021-03-06_[18-32-50].txt
    1.3 MB · Views: 2
  • DJIFlightRecord_2021-03-06_[18-48-14].txt
    502.5 KB · Views: 2
In a nutshell, after performing the automated circling maneuver I stopped the function. It did stop and then slowly drifted down and away . 10foot AGL and 50 yards away. Would not respond to anything but "up". Which I did to avoid the trees and traffic on the road. Yikes !! It just hovered there for about 10 minutes (with stress it may have been only 2 or 3) FINALLY one of the RTH requests was acknowledged and it came back to me. I Cancelled RTH once it was in a safe area and I had full control. Baffled and Bewildered.
Here's what that flight looks like:

Your data shows you switching to Active Track at 5:28.6 and flying a neat circle until 7:13.9 without any joystick input.
This was 128 feet higher than your launch point.

The reason you were confused about the drone's apparent lack of control after that is that you never cancelled the Active Track until 8:46 when you switched to Tripod Mode.
This gave you full control but at slow speed and with reduced joystick sensitivity.
You initiated RTH at 10:19.9 and the drone came towards home normally.
You cancelled RTH at 10:37.9 and went back to Tripod Mode and landed at 11:38.

Basically operator error. Some questions. Does the "cancel operation button" the one with 2 vertical lines cancel Active Track? I thought it did and that would explain the weirdness between 7.13 and 8.46, when I was evidently giving joystick inputs without cancelling Active Track. Or did I just not push the button hard enough ? Another thing is the tripod mode drone movements. When I regained it the AFTER cancelling the RTH it would have the same amount of movement as when I put it in tripod mode the first time,correct ? I find it hard to believe that I would not be able to see that movement from 50 yards away, but I guess its possible. Thank you for your time and effort. Good to know that there is really nothing wrong with the drone.

Does the "cancel operation button" the one with 2 vertical lines cancel Active Track?
I'm not sure .. I've never tried it.
But checking the top of the screen should confirm what flight mode the drone is in.
Any doubts and flicking the flight mode switch out of P-GPS and back should cancel any automated flight mode and give you complete control.
When I regained it the AFTER cancelling the RTH it would have the same amount of movement as when I put it in tripod mode the first time,correct ? I find it hard to believe that I would not be able to see that movement from 50 yards away, but I guess its possible.
It should have been the same.
You can go through the Phantomhelp report line-by-line and see the joystick inputs and how the drone was responding.

Basically operator error...
Yep ... nothing more complicated than that I'm afraid.

...Does the "cancel operation button" the one with 2 vertical lines cancel Active Track?
That button isn't a cancel-button ... it's a pause-button.

When I regained it the AFTER cancelling the RTH it would have the same amount of movement as when I put it in tripod mode the first time,correct ? I find it hard to believe that I would not be able to see that movement from 50 yards away, but I guess its possible.
The heading speed your drone achieved in Tripod mode before & after the RTH was pretty identical ... about 1m/s. That you didn't noticed when the drone was on the other side of the road ... was very likely due to that the stick inputs you made there was VERY short, most of them only during a second or so ... & also in all various directions.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deepdark