DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 2 zoom

Rick243

Reactions
We have a snowstorm on the way and wondering what camera settings are best for my M2z with a white landscape, and also is it advisable to fly while it’s snowing?

@Rick243 a few things to consider with your proposed flight
first is visibility and i am not talking about flying beyond VLOS ,but just the fact that the drone will be harder to see if it is snowing heavily
second is water ingress onto the internal electronics
and finally the effect the snow and possible glare might have on the sensors of the drone
personally i would wait till the snow had stopped, and then flown, that way you will get better pics
and mitigate the first two issues i mentioned

Reactions: Rick243
If you plan on flying in the snow a lot you might want to consider getting a Wet suit for your Mavic 2 Zoom to protect your Battery from being compromised.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain / Snow
Actually, I just got notice today that my order shipped out today. Got the rain suit and rescue jacket. Thanks!

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
@Rick243 a few things to consider with your proposed flight
first is visibility and i am not talking about flying beyond VLOS ,but just the fact that the drone will be harder to see if it is snowing heavily
second is water ingress onto the internal electronics
and finally the effect the snow and possible glare might have on the sensors of the drone
personally i would wait till the snow had stopped, and then flown, that way you will get better pics
and mitigate the first two issues i mentioned
I followed your advice. It’s just snowing too hard. It’s supposed to clear off tonight and sunny with high of 23 F.

Reactions: old man mavic
We have a snowstorm on the way and wondering what camera settings are best for my M2z with a white landscape, and also is it advisable to fly while it’s snowing?
You may want to do some exposure tryouts.lots of white snow will cause underexposure of the photo and grayish snow.On a sunny day it will be hard to expose both the snow and darker areas properly in the same photo.Silhouettes(leafless tree branches with snow clinging etc)work well.

Reactions: Rick243
Here is my first attempt at making a video with my new drone. The temp was 18 F. I kept the batteries in my warm truck until ready for use. Right at the 50% level of my 3rd flight battery, my iPhone 6 I'm using for a monitor just blacked out. Luckily my bird was within sight so I landed it normally. Later when I restarted the phone it showed 55% battery level. Im assuming that the phone got so cold that it shut down, but not sure. I know if they get too hot they will shut down but never had one get too cold.
Active tracking is so cool. The only issue I had so far is when climbing the hill, the drone stops and backs up, then ascends and tries to catch up. This happened twice on hills. Theres probably a setting I need to change???

Reactions: Christianpeso
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roligtroll