DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 at the top of Everest

For fixed wing aircraft the “service ceiling” Is the density altitude where the aircraft cannot climb even 100 feet per minute. This can be a function of the propulsion power generation source and the lifting surfaces. Electric motors I guess do not lose power with thin air. However batteries sure do with low temperatures. This is a remarkable video created well about the published service ceiling. I bet the flights were very short however.

It's on the DJI channel so DJI maybe sponsored this as well as give technical support ahead of time?

Everest expeditions cost well into 5 figures probably?

Reactions: maggior
Beautiful scenery and settings. Don’t know about you guys but I often find these vids a bit samey. The topography tallies with the title and the views I have seen of Everest but we have been shown some fab vids from the Italian Dolomites etc that show the most spectacular mountain terrain with ice and snow from a drone wizzing around at dizzying heights. Dale should know the area well though and to have trekked there aged 60 is one big achievement. My next door neighbour also aged 60 has just returned from K2 base camp. Time for me to get out and walk up to get the paper!

A truly amazing video . I had the experience of trekking the Event base camp at age 60, April 2000. My son in law and I trekked for 16 days to a point overlooking base camp (Kalla Pattar) at 18,500.00 feet. Wish I had a drone at that time. Here are two photos from that trip. The 2nd image shows Everest in the middle, peaking out behind Lhotse. We are looking down on to base camp at the end of the Khumbu glacier.

Dale
View attachment 153751View attachment 153750
Fantastic shots. What an achievement. A lifetime experience for you.

Hope the sherpa didn't have to lug too much drone gear up.

He probably did haha. Not many climbers carry their own stuff up there. Everest is basically pay-to-climb these days, you don't even need to be particularly physically fit, you just need to spend around $30-100K depending on the 'experience' you want.

The summit windows are still relatively narrow though, which is why it's basically been reduced to a tourist attraction that looks like this when the weather is suitable for making a summit attempt:

pic2.jpg

meeting-of-sherpa-guides_h-750x480-1-1.jpg

conga1.jpg

It's also incredibly unsafe because you have a bunch of novice "pay to win" climbers in a huge line, and a ridiculous amount of garbage unfortunately gets left up there.

It's cool that someone brought a M3 up though haha, no doubt.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki