DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 Baptism into the Rain !

Phantomrain.org

Approved Vendor
Reactions
Its 3: 32 am and the Drone has been in the hard cold rain for over an hour , and we learned a few things. šŸ§

Testing by trial Fire the New Bandit Wet Suits , its one of the Hardest Tests a Drone can go through just sitting in the pouring Hard Rain for an hour...

You know that saying ! Were going to need a bigger boat. lol

The first weak link is the Power button,. Just like the FPV power button it could not sustain itself under water for more than 30 seconds before the battery was shot and this Power button is also going to be the Weak Link and cost you a compromised battery.

The good thing is the Drone is not very likely to disconnect when flying in the Rain because of a compromised battery, as it will just cost you a new battery as it will not function again.

Than we have the Scoop : No just No , going to need protection , as well as the vents on the back an side. there is a tiny strip under the drone that turns pink if water touches it. If your sending in for a repair and they see the pink panther , your cost of repair is going up. .

The back Vents lead to the Pink Panther strip , so they need protected.

Forum Members will get Two Color Designs that you can mix and match
Neon blue and Black , The Red and Black is Sold out.

The Wet Suit offers Rain protection as well as some Impact Protection.
I noticed right away that i am so use to the AIR 2S that i keep banging the drone accidentally.

Email me at [email protected]

2021-11-18_03h29_24.png

2021-11-18_03h37_25.png

2021-11-18_03h44_28.png

So this is the Real color of the Bandit Blue Neon Wet Suit.

2021-11-20_09h10_36.png

2021-11-20_11h30_15.png

2021-11-16_23h18_18.png

and they fold up nicely , with the Gimbal Lock , Easy no fuss , and props lock with the Wet Suit with or without the Gimbal lock .

2021-11-22_14h35_38.png

Last edited:
Reactions: merak75
About the only time I might fly a drone in wet weather is near water falls.

Even on a sunny day, once you get within a certain distance, there's a ton of mist.

I don't even take my camera out in such situations, even though it's water resistant -- there are videos on Youtube of people taking their $4000 bodies in a torrential downpour.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
About the only time I might fly a drone in wet weather is near water falls.

Even on a sunny day, once you get within a certain distance, there's a ton of mist.

I don't even take my camera out in such situations, even though it's water resistant -- there are videos on Youtube of people taking their $4000 bodies in a torrential downpour.

I am like you when it comes to drones, however professional camera gear is specifically designed to withstand rain (and dust) for long periods of time. Something like a Nikon D6 + 400/2.8 that a sports photographer might be using on the sidelines of a football field will not be affected by a couple hours of rain. While they are not waterproof in the sense that you could submerge them, the level of environmental sealing on some high-end camera bodies (and lenses) is truly exceptional. This is also the primary reason why most high-end zoom lenses have an internal zoom design rather than a telescoping design. All but the cheapest lenses will also have a rubber gasket on the mount, preventing ingress into the mirror box or sensor area. I have never even heard of one failing in such conditions, but I can certainly understand the reluctance to take expensive gear out in the rain or any kind of harsh environment!

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
I am on the same page with you, in the heavy rain I leave my Pro camera safe.
And, use cameras that are designed for heavy rain, water proof, or use protective gear around them. Depending on the enviroment.

How does it affect avoidance sensors? The front strip is diminishing the sensorsā€˜ FOV

Its 3: 32 am and the Drone has been in the hard cold rain for over an hour , and we learned a few things. šŸ§

Testing by trial Fire the New Bandit Wet Suits , its one of the Hardest Tests a Drone can go through just sitting in the pouring Hard Rain for an hour...

You know that saying ! Were going to need a bigger boat. lol

The first weak link is the Power button,. Just like the FPV power button it could not sustain itself under water for more than 30 seconds before the battery was shot and this Power button is also going to be the Weak Link and cost you a compromised battery.

The good thing is the Drone is not very likely to disconnect when flying in the Rain because of a compromised battery, as it will just cost you a new battery as it will not function again.

Than we have the Scoop : No just No , going to need protection , as well as the vents on the back an side. there is a tiny strip under the drone that turns pink if water touches it. If your sending in for a repair and they see the pink panther , your cost of repair is going up. .

The back Vents lead to the Pink Panther strip , so they need protected.

Forum Members will get Two Color Designs that you can mix and match
Neon blue and Black , The Red and Black is Sold out.

The Wet Suit offers Rain protection as well as some Impact Protection.
I noticed right away that i am so use to the AIR 2S that i keep banging the drone accidentally.

Email me at [email protected]

View attachment 138596

View attachment 138597

View attachment 138598

So this is the Real color of the Bandit Blue Neon Wet Suit. This Blue is really hard to Photograph ,

View attachment 138599
Why leave a hole for the fake scoop? Is the camera ok? How much?

Cheers, Jon

Why leave a hole for the fake scoop? Is the camera ok? How much?

Cheers, Jon

We love the fake scoop , and both the camera and the battery our fine , this was a hard long rain, a great test for the Drone and the Wet Suits.

The Over night Scoop test was a success and we drank water from the scoop in the morning. lol

Now we move into Phase 2 :

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain.

Reactions: GtoJon
We love the fake scoop , and both the camera and the battery our fine , this was a hard long rain, a great test for the Drone and the Wet Suits.

The Over night Scoop test was a success and we drank water from the scoop in the morning. lol

Now we move into Phase 2 :

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain.
Phase 2 .... is fly? Also, can you make it "Hugger Orange?

Cheers, Jon

Attachments

• 20211114_142643 (002).jpg
    20211114_142643 (002).jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 10
Phase 2 .... is fly? Also, can you make it "Hugger Orange?

Cheers, Jon
Yes , we are going to do the Full Color Orange and Red an Blue and Black , and Green and Purple .

Phase two: is partial submersions under the water to test the limits of the drone itself and its ability to use the Rescue Jackets with the Wet Suit in the Water.

I see why you want the orange but dont you think Neon Red would be Lit . lol

Yes , we are going to do the Full Color Orange and Red an Blue and Black , and Green and Purple .

Phase two: is partial submersions under the water to test the limits of the drone itself and its ability to use the Rescue Jackets with the Wet Suit in the Water.

I see why you want the orange but dont you think Neon Red would be Lit . lol
No, that one is Hugger Orange, or Carousel Red, 69 Camaro & 69 GTO Judge color ;) Good luck with your trials :) I do that so, I can find them in the snow when I land ;)

Cheers, Jon

No, that one is Hugger Orange, or Carousel Red, 69 Camaro & 69 GTO Judge color ;) Good luck with your trials :) I do that so, I can find them in the snow when I land ;)

Cheers, Jon
Been searching for years for a good Bright Neo Orange Neoprene and turned down many factory swatches.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic 3 in the Rain , Capture the Storm.

Do you guarantee your customers that their drones don't get inoperable as a result of water damage if using your wetsuits?

Reactions: Korrd
Do you guarantee your customers that their drones don't get inoperable as a result of water damage if using your wetsuits?
Yes because the Wet Suits do not void the DJI warranty , nor does a drone skin, so its all covered, even water damage.

Now with that said not a single Drone has ever been posted on the Forum that crashed while flying in the rain in the last 3 years because a wet suit failed. šŸ„³šŸ„³

The Mavic 3 has the best design out of all the drones to fly in the Rain, The Wet Suit It may be overkill , but so is our System to protect the drone in the Pouring Rain.

You dont need Rain to fly this Beauty : The bigger target along with the Wet Suit is easy to see in the sky nearly 2800 ft , the same as the Rescue Jackets .

You can check out much less advanced drones flying in the Rain
at phantomrain.org

We also Guarantee for all Forum Members a perfect Install.
Forum members get the Mavic 3 Lumination Package for $134.95 and 3 Battery Covers and 2 Color Designs.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Odnicokev