DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 battery burns on impact

After the first few seconds, do the subtitles in that video NOT play for anyone else?

@Suren, if I remember correctly you were undecided abiut whether or not you were going to return the M3, if that is correct have you decided yet?

Last edited:
if that battery gets cracked open, its a hot mess of Fire , sparks and explosions and black black smoke . He must have fallen from very high into the pavement below for that battery to crack.

I had one of the batteries get a pin hole in it in the Garage and it was unreal , how long it was shooting flames and Black smoke out , my garage was never the same , took years for the smell to go away .

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic 3 in the Rain. and Land on the Water if your on fire.

Exact same thing happens to smartphones, RC car batteries, etc. It's not overly common but it happens, and is more common if there is damage from an impact, stress, etc. If there is a puncture or deformation, the battery can short and usually ends up looking something like that. Excessive heat, overcharging, etc. can all lead to the same thing. It's also worse if the battery is fully charged when this happens. Puffy or swollen batteries should also be replaced as they are especially high risk.

Does not look good. At least Dji took responsibility and replaced the drone - Well done Dji
Ouch, extra crispy! Actually that charcoal black colour looks nice - maybe DJI could offer that colour model too :D

After the first few seconds, do the subtitles in that video NOT play for anyone else?

@Suren, if I remember correctly you were undecided abiut whether or not you were going to return the M3, if that is correct have you decided yet?
Yup, still on the fence about sending it back. I have checked with the local consumer council and they have confirmed that i am entitled to return the product if the supplier/manufacturer has failed within a reasonable amount of time to fully provide all features that have been advertised at the time of sale/launch. They also asked if i had proof of what was advised as features at the launch and if any set date was given as to when these features will be added. So far i have a very good case but undecided as yet. Drone performs well except that i have no working airsense and no 4G Dongle works for New Zealand.

Does not look good. At least Dji took responsibility and replaced the drone - Well done Dji

I think they design the batteries that way to simulate what would happen if you crashed a real helicopter.;)
Kinda looks like you whacked it with a shovel to get the fire out.

Yup, still on the fence about sending it back. I have checked with the local consumer council and they have confirmed that i am entitled to return the product if the supplier/manufacturer has failed within a reasonable amount of time to fully provide all features that have been advertised at the time of sale/launch. They also asked if i had proof of what was advised as features at the launch and if any set date was given as to when these features will be added. So far i have a very good case but undecided as yet. Drone performs well except that i have no working airsense and no 4G Dongle works for New Zealand.
Just because you can doesn't mean you should. ;)
AirSense is a gimmick anyway, and while the 4G dongle would be nice to have in urban areas to fly behind buildings, it isn't needed anywhere else, as long as you have unobstructed LOS.
Enjoy! It's still the best DJI drone yet!

Reactions: Suren
Just because you can doesn't mean you should. ;)
AirSense is a gimmick anyway, and while the 4G dongle would be nice to have in urban areas to fly behind buildings, it isn't needed anywhere else, as long as you have unobstructed LOS.
Enjoy! It's still the best DJI drone yet!
True, it is an amazing drone hence undecided.

True, it is an amazing drone hence undecided.
It's nice to have choices. I'd fly it until the legal return window expires, which should be 6 months or longer, by which you will be attached to it, like a puppy dog close!

Reactions: Suren
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_