DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 battery cycle permanent warning reached at 200 cycles.

DARKSeifer

Reactions
After reaching 200 cycles now one of my batteries (and soon the other two) prompt a permanent warning Code 160900BF on the fly app stating that the battery is close to its cycle limit and please, replace it for another one.

The warning, in orange, is permanent and doesn't disappear once you take off, so even when you can just ignore it, it's annoying.

What I'm guessing is that once it gets to its cycle limit (250, 300, who knows) it will probably auto brick itself because potatoes, forcing you to buy another 199€ battery.

The battery is in perfect condition, no sign of bloating, and stats are just perfect, Airdata sets its life at 80%.

Screenshot_20240714-131303.png

Captura de pantalla 2024-07-14 135853.png

Captura de pantalla 2024-07-14 135945.png

Captura de pantalla 2024-07-14 140034.png

220324145434_SR.jpg

I guess the only thing you can do about it is dealing with it. 🫤

I assume you have marked your battery as reaching 200 cycles and keeping an eye on the flight time, I believe that is the first thing to diminish over each cycle. Anyhow, replacing batteries is way less expensive that replacing drones ? ;)

A couple of related questions, if I may...

1. Does anyone definitively know what the cycle limit is for this model, and is it the same for all of them ?
2. When you have done a normal charge on a pack, been rained off (for example) and it starts auto-discharging a day later, does the top up charge we then do before we fly count as a cycle ?

Here is what DJI says about battery cycle:
"A battery cycle count is not the times that you charge a battery, but simply refers to the times that the battery consumption accumulates to 75% of the battery capacity. When the battery cycle count is over 200 times, battery performance will decline. In this case, it is recommended to replace the battery with a new one."

Reactions: AeroJ
Thanks. That makes it sound like there isn't an actual cycle limit imposed. Is there, do we know ?
I hope not, because the life of a pack certainly isn't over when we start losing a few minutes off the total flight time...

No set limit. I have gone thru countless Batteries in My Air 2S when treated properly they average 210 or so cycles. I start to notice flight times way before that. A high cycle battery ( around the 200 mark) is about a 15 min Battery in an Air 2S

Reactions: AeroJ
Thanks. That makes it sound like there isn't an actual cycle limit imposed. Is there, do we know ?

The moment you hit 200 cycles (you can see the cycle count inside the fly app, on the battery tab) it shows the permanent warning on the Fly App.

I'll continue with these bats until they start showing signs of degeneration on Airdata, and if they brick themselves at a certain amount of cycles I'll report it.

Currently, I have three batteries with 191, 190 and 201 cycles and a M3 with 5805Km and 240 hours of flight time.

My previous Air2S batteries were still in good condition after 250 cycles each, and it didn't show any warning on the Fly App. They had much less capacity and due to the design you had to be very cautions because they could pop out midflight when they started to bloat, but that's not the case for the M3 batteries.

IMO it's absurd to set a permanent warning on just 200 cycles, battery health is dependent on a lot of factors (charge/discharge rates, storage, low voltage damage, temperature, etc), not just cycles.

Is that an M3 or M3E?
Other than capacity/flight time a problem of aging batteries is increasing internal resistance, which will cause larger voltage drops under high load. You may get a battery that has reduced flight time but is still "fine"... until the day you have to push full power to avoid something, voltage drops to critical and initiates a forced landing when you really don't want it.
Should be based on IR estimation rather than cycles but... it's a thing that flies, so "better play it safe" is always a valid argument.

IMO it's absurd to set a permanent warning on just 200 cycles, battery health is dependent on a lot of factors (charge/discharge rates, storage, low voltage damage, temperature, etc), not just cycles.
A warning doesn't bother me as I view reminders as a good thing. Just make it so it can be dismissed once viewed and base it on actual battery performance instead of cycles.

Is that an M3 or M3E?

The M3 with the two cameras.

A warning doesn't bother me as I view reminders as a good thing. Just make it so it can be dismissed once viewed and base it on actual battery performance instead of cycles.

Yes, the problem is that it's always on the corner of the screen, one time reminder would be more than enough.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kellmorrissey