DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 Cine Doesn't Eject SSD / SD

ianwood

Reactions
Site
sillygoo.se
MacOS Monterey, M1 Max MacBook, Mavic 3 Cine. After transferring files from the SSD, both the SSD and the SD cannot be ejected. I assume I am not the only one.

1644013992827.png

That's it. That's the message.

Oh, and I noticed the low power mode that was added to the new firmware works. No more hair drier sounds while transferring files. But let's get eject to work please. And please, for the love of god, stop resetting the file counter every time I format!?!?!? I have 10,000 copies of DJI_0001.MOV (slightly exaggerated). 😁

Shouldn't the title be MacBook doesn't........
No more hair drier sounds like no more cooling fan, do things get hit?

Since you have USB mode enabled you need to remove the mSD card before connecting the machine to the computer. the mSD card is not compatible with USB mode and causes this issue. DJI mentions this in the newest version of the M3 user guide- I think it's v1.4.

The whole workflow is kind of a pain in the a*s but just eject or remove the mSD card prior to connecting to the computer and then it will allow you to eject the SSD normally.

I already have a request in to DJI to please revise the naming convention to something like the I2 where it appends the date and time to the file. I also asked them to add an index, also like the I2. I would ask you send them a similar request. Hopefully every owner of the M3C does.

I too have hundreds of DJI_0001 thru ~0030 files.... LOL ... Makes for great and efficient file management! :D

Well, there you go. At least there is a workaround. I guess I am still trained by the Inspire to keep an SD card in there. I haven't actually used the SD card so I might as well remove it.

Why not move them all to one folder, letting Windows etc. append (1...9.....99....999) to the duplicated names as required then use something like "Bulk Rename utility" do sort the files by "Date Modified" and then rename them consecutively in the original layout?

Reactions: crlmjohnson
You could certainly do that. But with the volume of files with commercial work, the tight timeframes and the established expectations of typical on-set workflow it would be far preferable to have distinct file names directly out of the machine. DJI knows this- it's already implemented on the I2. So hopefully they might be willing to implement it on the M3C. I've also asked them about the generation of LRF and SRT files in the SSD file structure when recording PR. They seem to be superfluous and a waste of storage space. No one has been able to answer what they are for. If anyone here knows I'd love to hear it.

Reactions: Meta4
>I've also asked them about the generation of LRF and SRT files in the SSD file structure when recording PR. They seem to be superfluous and a waste of storage space. No one has been able to answer what they are for. If anyone here knows I'd love to hear it.

Tried a search?

Attachments

• 2022-02-05_143945.jpg
    2022-02-05_143945.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 9
Reactions: kodiak
DJI knows this- it's already implemented on the I2. So hopefully they might be willing to implement it on the M3C.
But the Inspire 2 uses the DJI Go 4 app rather than the retarded, entry level DJI Fly app that they've lumbered the Mavic 3 with.
No drone using the DJI Fly app has a Continuous File Index.
It would also be nice if DJI allowed the file names to go to DJI_9999 instead of DJI_0999.
But they dropped that back in 2015 and haven't shown any interest in putting it back.

They should do similar to the Inspire. Have a camera letter. Inspire, I use I. RED Komodo, I use K. Mavic, I'd use M. Then a three digit roll number that increments each time the SSD is formatted. And then a clip and/or index number. Pretty simple.

But the Inspire 2 uses the DJI Go 4 app rather than the retarded, entry level DJI Fly app that they've lumbered the Mavic 3 with.
No drone using the DJI Fly app has a Continuous File Index.
It would also be nice if DJI allowed the file names to go to DJI_9999 instead of DJI_0999.
But they dropped that back in 2015 and haven't shown any interest in putting it back.

Understood. I've played the DJI game a long time and I know how it goes. I realize it's unlikely but I do hope they realize the merits of it and include that functionality in a future update. Funny thing, until getting the Mavic I have mostly used Go4 and while the Fly app is certainly sparse in comparison I find now I think I like it more! It's so clean and simple. Of course I say that and still want them to add some Go4 features...

They should do similar to the Inspire. Have a camera letter. Inspire, I use I. RED Komodo, I use K. Mavic, I'd use M. Then a three digit roll number that increments each time the SSD is formatted. And then a clip and/or index number. Pretty simple.

Totally agreed.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
piloter