DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 Cine Fireworks

Awesome! Glad you like it! I was at 395 feet and started about 1,200 feet away... had to back up another 200 feet to capture their HUGE fireworks. Just Night Mode, manual focus to infinity and auto everything else. Cheers!

Reactions: @Rip
You know what the biggest trick was? Having the pyrotechnical director give me a two minute warning. Still missed the first couple of shots but had enough battery to get everything :)

• Haha
Small town fireworks show. Me n my drone done captured it. Night mode manual focus. Well... how'd I do?
Lovell Mustang Days Fireworks
You know, this was awesome. +1

How was the audio added? I really appreciate this video so much more than the 99.9% of videos with the horrible, nonsense and vanilla soundtracks.
The audio is the Number One thing that distracts me from people's otherwise incredible footage. The odds that these people are musical producers with soundtracks AND great Cine photographers is about zero to 100. Take a pic, is my argument. I prefer the vids where people find "environmental" sounds that match their footage IF they cant do what you just did.
Again, +1.

Reactions: Sharpshooter
Thanks!!! I use a Zoom H2n recorder... it's an awesome little recorder. Lol... I was a musician before drones and have a state of the art recording studio :)
And I can't agree more about canned music completely wrecking awesome firework videos. It's the crowd and the booms along with the eye candy!!!

Can you believe a small Wyoming town, 2,200 people, putting on such a show?

Thanks again... I really appreciate the kudos!!!

Technical questions:
What was you AGL for most of the videos?
How close were you to the rocket launchers, ground distance?
What is the distance between viewer group and launch area?

395 agl, started at 1,200 feet from firework launch site backed up to 1,400 feet because of their monster shells. The crowd was about 75 yards from the firework launch... I was 75 yds. behind the fireworks for my drone launch.Thought at 400 ft I would be looking down most of the show... wrong! They had a lot of 400 footers and some 500ers that I missed in the beginning.

As I saw I was getting it I was blown away by Caleb/Lovell show!

Reactions: @Rip and FLDave
395 agl, started at 1,200 feet from firework launch site backed up to 1,400 feet because of their monster shells. The crowd was about 75 yards from the firework launch... I was 75 yds. behind the fireworks for my drone launch.Thought at 400 ft I would be looking down most of the show... wrong! They had a lot of 400 footers and some 500ers that I missed in the beginning.

As I saw I was getting it I was blown away by Caleb/Lovell show!
Thanks. I wondered how high the fireworks went. It looked like the crowd was close; I'm surprised the launch was so close to the viewers. I got a pretty good perspective of positions from our video which nicely showed the crowd location relative to building and parking lot before the show. Setting the initial location perspective at the start of a video really helped to bring it all together.

Small town festivals are a true joy! Families with kids laughing and people inclined to help! Fireworks guy sent his brother to give me a two minute heads up to 1st shot. LOL... you need three. Kudos to Caleb and the entire town of Lovell Wyoming. So glad I captured it with my Mavic 3 Cine :)

Reactions: DrSoup01 and @Rip
Very nice. I’m wondering if I want to use my Mavic 3 Pro this year or the Mini 3 with the vertical lens. Thanks for the inspiration. Wonder if the wide angle lens would help any on the Mavic.

Whichever has night mode. It's like magic!

figure I was at max AGL.panned down 10+ degrees for 100 and 300 footers, up 10+ for 500 foot monsters!

This is one of the very best posts I've seen on this site!!!!!
Really enjoyed the audio track.......I wouldn't have thought to do that.
I've never used night mode.....but I'll never be able to get so close to a fireworks display to try it here in Denver anyway.
Great stuff!

James, with a Zoom H2n portable recorder... you can just import the audio file and match up the booms :)

Thanks kindly RockyMtns!!! I so enjoyed capturing it. It was my 3rd time trying to get a good firework show. Totally failed the first two and then Lovell! And I was really sweating the settings... then discovered Night Mode... it is simply amazing!

Thx for sharing. Nice job. I’m sure you’ve looked at all the settings once you brought it home. I know you had everything on night mode and auto exposure.
That said, what did the settings actually end up being in camera? Was it 30 frames per second and 1/60 of a second shutter? Or 24 frames per 2nd/ 1/50 of a second? Or some thing completely different? And what was the ISO and f-stop? Curious minds want to know…

It was 30 fps and 1/60 of a second. Manual focus to just short of infinity. I believe I put WB on Manual as someone said fireworks confuse sensors. As for the rest... just auto Night mode, sorry, didn't check what it actually shot at. Got a new night lens I'll try out tonight and see if I can glean the ISO and F stop in Night mode.

Thanks for the kudos! Cheers!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661