DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 Cine + Smart Controller - Experimenting lagging int the video feedback

freedisk

Reactions
Hi there,

I've got a brand new Mavic 3 Cine edition with the smart controller. I've been used to fly the MV2Pro with regular controller + ipad mini ...For my first flight with the M3 and smartcontroller I've experienced lag on video return not being far awat as 600m ... It happens several times for some seconds. Firmware is up-to-date on M3 and SC also . Did someone experience the same problem ? The area was clear, it was on a sea cost with no buildings and so.

Regards

Update : today is my second try with the M3. I still got around 400m screen glitches, red bars, lags and freezes ..during a long period. These made me anxious and very nervous. Unable to be confident with this drone as I was with the M2P..

Talking about flying attitude, it's terrible and so weird. I'm used to flying my M2P without trouble, also with FPV Kwad...But this one is acting weird... It's breaking when you're trying to make a smooth turn, and so on...I've try using different stick combinaison to make smooth turn ... and it's not even smooth ... For now, I'm very disappointed about this drone. I don't know what to think and what to do with it... Just won't fly it until a firmware update come and resolve some of these problematics behaviors

Really not satisfied for now.
****** product
Unfinished product

Hi,
During my 2nd flight (1st flight was totally blind without live picture due to Android 12 problem) I experienced also issue with M3 + regular controller that screen screen glitches, loosing signal in very close distance. I took it to same area where I was used to flight Mini2 and picture and signal strength was with mini2 much better. Also disappointed and looking forward for firmware fix.

... I've experienced lag on video return not being far awat as 600m ... It happens several times for some seconds ...
I am trying to solve a similar or related mystery glitch with my (plain) M3.

All flights within 300m (1000ft). I was standing at the edge of an open field, above which I was flying. I was recording to a 128 GB Samsung Evo card with a write speed of 30MB/s (more about that later).

Flight 1: Using Samsung Tab S7 as display. No SIM but WiFi connection to a portable cellular router in my pocket. I took photos and 4K 30fps videos. After about 10 minutes of videoing, the image on my tablet froze. I got the drone back by pressing RTH. When the drone was about to land, I canceled RTH and hand-grabbed the drone.

Flight 2: Same as above, except the Tab S7 was in flight mode and I filmed at 4K 60fps. Again, the video image froze after 10 minutes, and I regained the drone via RTH.

Flight 3: Same as flight 2, except I had bought a new phone (Xiaomi Mi 11 8/256GB), which I was using for display (no SIM, in flight mode). During this flight, I got a warning that there was a manned aircraft nearby (I was flying a few meters above ground), and another warning that there was RC interference. Again, the image froze after 10 minutes of videoing. This time I tried to retrieve the drone without RTH, but because the image was frozen, I wasn't sure about the drone's position relative to some power lines and posts.

Flight 4: Same as flight 3, except I was only taking still photos. 30+ minutes of flying and photographing without issues.

Observations:
1. During flight 3, I could see that while the camera view was frozen, there was some variation in the telemetry data (particularly height) when I tried to move the drone. Assuming that the drone sends the camera view and telemetry data in a combined video feed, the freezing of the camera view must take place in the drone, before the telemetry data is overlaid on it. This made me think that my old (and slow by today's standards) memory card may have something to do with the problem.

2. During flights 1 to 3, the freezing occurred after about 10 minutes of video recording.

3. The freezing took place when the drone was far away from me as was possible in this field (about 300m).

Regards, Antero

Reactions: freedisk
Its pretty sad to be reading so many of these issues just 18 days after release.

Not just for the people who have invested but also for DJI.

I know all of these issues will eventually be addressed but its still a very shaky start to something I had hoped would blow most of us away.

Though I just do not know what DJI will be able to do about that ghastly green dot lens flare and to all the peeps that say don't film the sun, lol.

I was unhappy to have had to send mine back for a full refund within the statutory 14 days from purchase and I never even flew it once, I pretty much just shoot panoramas and was looking forward to seeing how far that side of the Mavic 3 had improved after 3 years of R&D!

I am thoroughly enjoying my M3, coming from a Mini 2....the increased range, zoom action , wind resistance and battery duration are the things I enjoy most as a basic hobbyist.

Fortunately for me, I never use any of the automated features. So it's a good fit for me and will only improve.

Can’t say I have this issue but I would contact dji!

But they definitely have their issues

Hi,

Following the advice of bonzo

I've factory reset the SC. Updated to the latest version of DJI Fly APP on the SC as suggested by the updates
I've also rebound the M3 to the SC

For now, I can't test because of awful weather and strong winds.
As soon as possible, I'll do some more testing to see if the issues still exists
I'll let you know how things will be doing

Regards

Reactions: bonzo
Update : today is my second try with the M3. I still got around 400m screen glitches, red bars, lags and freezes ..during a long period. These made me anxious and very nervous. Unable to be confident with this drone as I was with the M2P..

Talking about flying attitude, it's terrible and so weird. I'm used to flying my M2P without trouble, also with FPV Kwad...But this one is acting weird... It's breaking when you're trying to make a smooth turn, and so on...I've try using different stick combinaison to make smooth turn ... and it's not even smooth ... For now, I'm very disappointed about this drone. I don't know what to think and what to do with it... Just won't fly it until a firmware update come and resolve some of these problematics behaviors

Really not satisfied for now.
****** product
Unfinished product
Hi Freedisk,
I'm having the exact same issues.
I started a thread with some other people trying to help me.
Spoiler alert I havent been able to solve it for now and I tend to think of having a defective unit.

But in short I experience extremely poor transmission performance, nothing comparable to any of the other drones I owned (my M2P and iPad is 100 times better). Even in short range and in a clean environment without sources of interferences nor obstacle I'll have random lag and freeze of the video feed, as well as connection loss. I'll get "interference" pop up regularly as well.

I factory reset both the aircraft and the RC controller and re-paired them, so far it didn't solved the issue.

I'll keep an eye on your thread and will keep you updated. I contacted DJI and waiting news from them.

Cheers.

As mentioned already...

Re-pair it.

Hopefully that will repair it. 😂

And FWIW, I have two cine editions and they both have great range. Even in th big city. So if it doesn't fix it, you should contact DJI.

Reactions: johnmont250
As mentioned already...

Re-pair it.

Hopefully that will repair it. 😂

And FWIW, I have two cine editions and they both have great range. Even in th big city. So if it doesn't fix it, you should contact DJI.
Hey, as mentioned , I did re-paired many times, as well as factory reset and update again.
I'm probably unlucky on my unit, as other, I'm not the only one having this kind of issue.
I have no doubt the M3C can provide great range when working correctly. Similar to a M2 at bare minimum.
I'm losing connection sometimes at 300m horizontal distance and 50m height, totally abnormal.
Dji has been contacted.
have a good fly. Cheers

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HCholdings