DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 Classic VS Air 3

AroundTheWorld

Reactions
Hello

It's been a while that I was waiting for an Air 3 knowing that it would probably be the perfect drone for me but I recently bought a brand new Mavic 3 Classic + DJI RC + Fly More Combo (Bag, batteries, propellers and charger) + DJI Care Refresh 1 year for 1790 euros which is normally the retail price of the Drone + Controller here!

Coming from a Mavic 2 Pro and knowing that I travel quite often, I would have been tempted to see what the Air 3 had to offer especially considering the portable size of the Air lineup but I didn't want to miss that incredible offer I got on the Mavic 3 Classic.

Now I'm just crossing my fingers and hope that the Air 3 will not be announced anytime soon 😅

I remember that I was annoyed when I bought the Mavic 2 Pro and the Air 2S came out a few weeks after.

I know it's the game but I just hope that I won't have to live that again cause the pill will be even harder to swallow knowing that I spent almost 1800 euros now even if as I said, it was a real bargain.

Now I would like to have your point of view:

Considering that the Mini 3 Pro has stepped up in price and that the Mavic 3 Classic is a cheaper alternative over the regular Mavic 3, do you think that there will be enough room for an Air 3 which would not eat into the market share of other models while still representing an interesting upgrade over the Air 2S?

If yes, what do you think could be his specs?

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Hello

It's been a while that I was waiting for an Air 3 knowing that it would probably be the perfect drone for me but I recently bought a brand new Mavic 3 Classic + DJI RC + Fly More Combo (Bag, batteries, propellers and charger) + DJI Care Refresh 1 year for 1790 euros which is normally the retail price of the Drone + Controller here!

Coming from a Mavic 2 Pro and knowing that I travel quite often, I would have been tempted to see what the Air 3 had to offer especially considering the portable size of the Air lineup but I didn't want to miss that incredible offer I got on the Mavic 3 Classic.

Now I'm just crossing my fingers and hope that the Air 3 will not be announced anytime soon 😅

I remember that I was annoyed when I bought the Mavic 2 Pro and the Air 2S came out a few weeks after.

I know it's the game but I just hope that I won't have to live that again cause the pill will be even harder to swallow knowing that I spent almost 1800 euros now even if as I said, it was a real bargain.

Considering that the Mini 3 Pro has stepped up in price and that the Mavic 3 Classic is a cheaper alternative over the regular Mavic 3, do you think that there will be enough room for an Air 3 which would not eat into the market share of other models while still representing an interesting upgrade over the Air 2S?

Thanks in advance
Air 3 specs,pretty much like an Autel Lite+

Hello

Thanks in advance
I'm hearing the rumors of either May 2023 or not until next year.

There's room for an Air 3 with a 1" camera.

Personally, I'm in love with the M3 dual camera, I'd never pick another drone that doesn't come with an optical zoom/tele.
I agree cause the telephoto lens makes a difference but the Mavic 3 Classic doesn't have that and I have to admit that there is not a huge gap between a 1" sensor and a 4/3 sensor in term of image quality

I’ll tell you who’s in a pickle with no Air 3 available, is folks like myself with an Air 2, and it would hands down be what I would buy, if I could.

Why I’m still holding out - the Air 2s is certainly very good, but is only an incremental improvement over the Air 2, and already 2 years old. The Mini 3 Pro is extremely similar to the Air 2, so not a huge upgrade either. But, folks with an Air 2 are in a weird spot, because the Air 2 isn’t Remote ID compliant, so if we want to keep flying we either have to purchase a module or buy a new drone. Don’t want to buy a module when my drone is already getting long in the tooth, and don’t want to buy a new drone with very similar specs just to get Remote ID.

A full size Mavic of some type is the only upgrade I would see as worth spending money on, but quite expensive even with the Classic, and big, the size of the Air series is the sweet spot. Big enough to house some great tech and features (especially with a “3” model upgrade), not be as sensitive to wind, but small enough to be very portable when packed up, and not as obtrusive and obvious to bystanders, especially those looking for a reason to give a pilot a hard time. That size is a feature in and of itself.

I’d really like to see omnidirectional obstacle avoidance, bump in battery life, better low light performance, and a sensor somewhere between the 2S and full size.

Hopefully something happens before September, I’m recreational, and if there’s no Air 3, I’ll probably just stop flying and keep waiting. When I got my Air 2, the 2S was announced a couple months later. Not doing that again.

I sometimes wonder if they'll abandon the AIR series altogether. Not much to cover spec-wise between Air2s and Mavic 3 classic.
But you are right, if a drone is around with close to M3C performance, around 500gr in weight, C1 label and better battery life it would be perfect for most recreational users.
Which again makes me think: wouldn't that just kill M3C sales?

Reactions: Anthony Ivory
I sometimes wonder if they'll abandon the AIR series altogether. Not much to cover spec-wise between Air2s and Mavic 3 classic.
But you are right, if a drone is around with close to M3C performance, around 500gr in weight, C1 label and better battery life it would be perfect for most recreational users.
Which again makes me think: wouldn't that just kill M3C sales?
Yes and I don't think that DJI is willing to sell the ideal drone otherwise nobody will buy their other products. I believe there will be a moment when great innovations will reach a ceiling and regular users will be less inclined to invest in new models which could happen pretty quickly with a Mavic air 3 having this type of specs

Reactions: loop
I’ll tell you who’s in a pickle with no Air 3 available, is folks like myself with an Air 2, and it would hands down be what I would buy, if I could.

Why I’m still holding out - the Air 2s is certainly very good, but is only an incremental improvement over the Air 2, and already 2 years old. The Mini 3 Pro is extremely similar to the Air 2, so not a huge upgrade either. But, folks with an Air 2 are in a weird spot, because the Air 2 isn’t Remote ID compliant, so if we want to keep flying we either have to purchase a module or buy a new drone. Don’t want to buy a module when my drone is already getting long in the tooth, and don’t want to buy a new drone with very similar specs just to get Remote ID.

A full size Mavic of some type is the only upgrade I would see as worth spending money on, but quite expensive even with the Classic, and big, the size of the Air series is the sweet spot. Big enough to house some great tech and features (especially with a “3” model upgrade), not be as sensitive to wind, but small enough to be very portable when packed up, and not as obtrusive and obvious to bystanders, especially those looking for a reason to give a pilot a hard time. That size is a feature in and of itself.

I’d really like to see omnidirectional obstacle avoidance, bump in battery life, better low light performance, and a sensor somewhere between the 2S and full size.

Hopefully something happens before September, I’m recreational, and if there’s no Air 3, I’ll probably just stop flying and keep waiting. When I got my Air 2, the 2S was announced a couple months later. Not doing that again.
Take a look at the M3 refurbished it’s the best deal.

... don't think that DJI is willing to sell the ideal drone otherwise nobody will buy their other products.
Chuckle... "ideal" for whom?

I trust you get my point.

If such a beast could exist, it would be the ONLY model they would make and sell, and everyone would buy it. There would be no rationale for any other model, as they would be less than ideal, so no one would choose it over the ideal drone.

Chuckle... "ideal" for whom?

I trust you get my point.

If such a beast could exist, it would be the ONLY model they would make and sell, and everyone would buy it. There would be no rationale for any other model, as they would be less than ideal, so no one would choose it over the ideal drone.
I think it’s like most things in life perfect is very subjective. THink about how many car companies there are. There will never be a one size fits all drone. Because we keep asking for more 😂

Hello

Thanks in advance
I do think that there is a strategy on DJIs part to not steal any thunder from the Inspire and Mavic 3 Pro
It's been rumoured that the Air 3 would be released sometime in May which makes sense to me.
On DJIs own website the Air 2S isn't given the prominence that even the Mini 3 Pro does which does seem odd and telling to me.

I think it’s like most things in life perfect is very subjective. THink about how many car companies there are. There will never be a one size fits all drone. Because we keep asking for more 😂
Of course!

And that's why DJI has the product portfolio it does. 😁

Reactions: Anthony Ivory
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000