DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 Classic

I would’ve bought a Mavic 3 that had the camera from an air 2s.

I like the battery life, safety sensors and flying range of m3. Absolute camera quality isn’t a big deal.

If they do release such a drone and it’s only 25% more than a 2s, it’d be a good thing.

I owned a 2s and m3 at the same time for a few weeks. To my eye, the footage is all but the same.

For me, that’s ok.
For someone who takes the video fidelity more seriously, I understand that issue.

I like the idea of the current mavic3 being available AND a cheaper version.

Mavic 3 tech, Air 2s camera - a perfect combo for an in between model, in my opinion.

If they’re going to make 4 new variants of the Mavic 3, then sure mix and match accordingly.

that's logical

I mean, if they dropped the sensor to 1", then it would seem the only substantial difference between the Classic and the Air 2s would be the battery capacity

Question: for video, is there a noticeable improvement in quality between the Mavic 3 and Air 2s. I'm not really talking about technical specs. I'm wondering about video played on 4K-capable screens
The Mavic 3 video quality improvement will be seen in low light and at night, where the larger 4/3 sensor reigns supreme. Air 2S has a lower dynamic range than the Mavic 3. In good lighting, you probably won't notice a significant difference.

Reactions: Bob in Savannah
kind of hard to imagine DJI would bring out both the Mavic 3 Classic and the Air 3 at around the same time and around the same price point
Yeah I agree. But if the Mavic 3 Classic is confirmed, do you think that they will discontinue the Air serie then? Cause it seems to me that the Air 3 and the Mavic 3 classic will be competing against each other then with similar specs and a similar price point.

Reactions: maggior
Yeah I agree. But if the Mavic 3 Classic is confirmed, do you think that they will discontinue the Air serie then? Cause it seems to me that the Air 3 and the Mavic 3 classic will be competing against each other then with similar specs and a similar price point.
I really have no clue at all what DJI intends, but if they are bringing out the M3 Classic in the next month or so, my hunch is that the Air 3, if it happens, would not be till the new year

to be honest, these drones would seem to be a little redundant. I guess the M3 would have the 4/3" sensor and the Air 3 a 1" sensor. And the M3 has the 'plus' batteries. But in order to generate sales of the Classic, that price point would need to be in the rumored $1300 range. Unless the FMC is $600-800 less, at least, than the Mavic 3, I think people would just go for the current model. And if the M3 is $1300 and the Air 3 is $1000, why would people buy the Air 3?

I really have no clue at all what DJI intends, but if they are bringing out the M3 Classic in the next month or so, my hunch is that the Air 3, if it happens, would not be till the new year

to be honest, these drones would seem to be a little redundant. I guess the M3 would have the 4/3" sensor and the Air 3 a 1" sensor. And the M3 has the 'plus' batteries. But in order to generate sales of the Classic, that price point would need to be in the rumored $1300 range. Unless the FMC is $600-800 less, at least, than the Mavic 3, I think people would just go for the current model. And if the M3 is $1300 and the Air 3 is $1000, why would people buy the Air 3?
For those who are going to buy the Mavic 3 Classic, I hope that the Air 3 will not be superior in every way

For those who are going to buy the Mavic 3 Classic, I hope that the Air 3 will not be superior in every way
for sure

that's a good reason to be patient with the Classic. If it's price is $750 less than the Mavic 3 and the only real difference is the 7X zoom, that could generate sales. But if the price is only $400-500 less, I'd think a lot of people would either delay or just buy the M3

of course, forget about the Classic and the Air 3....don't you just know that next year sometime there will be a Mavic 4

Wonder what the price point will be....

If £1500 which was around the Mavic 2 Pro first release price, I will be buying.

Actually, I think with the RC the price is going to be around £2000 for a combo pack

if the price is $700-750 less than the Mavic 3, I'd be interested. If it's $400-450 less, I won't be

this assuming that the only significant change is deleting the 7X zoom

Well, It's here! I will be buying one in the spring. I have an RC231 from a lost Air 2 so the package with no controller is perfect for me. No sense in buying it now as snow is right around the corner and I just won't take a 2G drone out in the snow and cold. Maybe my Mini 2. I'm pretty excited to get a micro 4/3 sensor in the air with cruse control.

Reactions: leebroath
Cancelled my pre order, I'm waiting till Spring next year when the weather improves.

With it also coming up so soon to Christmas, need to keep some money for presents ;)

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair