DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 Control Settings

ddodell

Reactions
Having a hard time dialing in the controls on the Mavic 3...

Problems I'm having

(1) I fly in Mode 3 ... when move left/right with my right stick, there seems to be a delay in response where the drone keeps turning in the left/right direction for a second, even with the stick back in neutral. My Mavic 2 Pro seem to stop left/right on a dime ... adjustment for this?

(2) Doing manual landings, I'll usually switch to Cine mode, but in both Cine/Normal mode, find the drone over-responsive to controls, and the if I try to get down to about 2 feet to line up with landing pad, the Mavic 3 will sometimes bounce up a foot or two, trying to "avoid" the landing zone.

Any suggestions on settings?

Thank you

David

The Mavic 3 in Cine or Normal mode, when you have obstacles close to you (10ft or less) act very strange like trying to avoid everything. Is a headache to hand catch the drone. I find easier just turn off APAS and then catch the drone.

I hope with the January update everything get better. Do not expect a miracle but within 5-6 months should be fine tune just like the Mavic 2 Pro.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Go to the Safety tab and disable Obstacle Avoidance. You can disable, make it stop or Avoid.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
As for the continued rotation when you let off the stick, turn down yaw sensitivity in advanced gimbal settings. There will be less movement after you center the stick.

The terms for APAS obstacle avoidance are Bypass, Brake or Off. Self evident what they do.

A quicker way if you have them on, is just flip the mode switch to sport. Turns off OA instantly for a hand catch. Just remember to turn it to center (Normal Flight) before next launch. It starts in normal anyway, but this way you're not clicking it multiple times to change modes.

Turning on sport mode disabled but is very aggressive. Not recommended for hand catch. Can be dangerous.

As for the continued rotation when you let off the stick, turn down yaw sensitivity in advanced gimbal settings. There will be less movement after you center the stick.

The terms for APAS obstacle avoidance are Bypass, Brake or Off. Self evident what they do.

A quicker way if you have them on, is just flip the mode switch to sport. Turns off OA instantly for a hand catch. Just remember to turn it to center (Normal Flight) before next launch. It starts in normal anyway, but this way you're not clicking it multiple times to change modes.

Thanks, confused ... why is the motion of the drone in the gimbal settings? I also only see yam speed and smoothness, no sensitivity.

Sorry - meant smoothness. It's purpose is to prevent sudden, Jerry stops & starts. As to why they put it in gimbal settings? Welcome to the Fly App! Whoever made the decision to use this with M3 should be demoted to a simpler, more basic job. 😆

Reactions: Point Zero
Sorry - meant smoothness. It's purpose is to prevent sudden, Jerry stops & starts. As to why they put it in gimbal settings? Welcome to the Fly App! Whoever made the decision to use this with M3 should be demoted to a simpler, more basic job. 😆
Or just fired!

The Mavic 3 in Cine or Normal mode, when you have obstacles close to you (10ft or less) act very strange like trying to avoid everything. Is a headache to hand catch the drone. I find easier just turn off APAS and then catch the drone.

I hope with the January update everything get better. Do not expect a miracle but within 5-6 months should be fine tune just like the Mavic 2 Pro.
I only hand-land my M3. I never had any problem with it. Mine behaves very much the same as Air2/Air2s - rock steady and trustworthy.

I have taken my first flight with my Mavic Air 3 and found it to be a pleasure to fly. That said, I don’t have the control settings where they need to be. It is great that there is a speed and smoothness setting for each direction of control as well as the gimbal. I understand, in general, what these setting do, but one of the more experienced cinematographers that frequents this forum must have already determined a set of specific values to use for good results. Please share that here. I feel that I could take 5 more flights and still not figure this out. The goal is smooth without overshoot even if slow for cinema mode, but quicker without jerkiness in normal mode.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Reactions: BaldyBoyBilly
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato