DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 convertible carrying bag ??

Filmarik

Reactions
I wonder if M3Pro fits into this bag
I find carrying my M3 when hiking on my back is much more comfortable than on my shoulder. As I understand the M3P comes only with shoulder strap carry case. My M3 came with this excellent convertible bag. If I upgrade to M3P I'd love to be able to carry it in this convertible bag if it fits there hence my question.

I wonder if M3Pro fits into this bag
I find carrying my M3 when hiking on my back is much more comfortable than on my shoulder. As I understand the M3P comes only with shoulder strap carry case. My M3 came with this excellent convertible bag. If I upgrade to M3P I'd love to be able to carry it in this convertible bag if it fits there hence my question.
Shouldn’t be a problem. The drone fits vertically into the bag, leaving enough room around it to accommodate either drone, unlike Mavic 3 water jet cut compartments, that are form fit, leaving little room for the slightly larger Mavic 3 Pro.

Shouldn’t be a problem. The drone fits vertically into the bag, leaving enough room around it to accommodate either drone, unlike Mavic 3 water jet cut compartments, that are form fit, leaving little room for the slightly larger Mavic 3 Pro.
The potential issue could be the extra length of the M3P with the muzzle attached. There is not much extra room in the bag for the top flap of the bag to be zipped close. Can someone owning both the M3P and the bag actually confirm either way rather than speculate. No offence intended.

The potential issue could be the extra length of the M3P with the muzzle attached. There is not much extra room in the bag for the top flap of the bag to be zipped close. Can someone owning both the M3P and the bag actually confirm either way rather than speculate. No offense intended.
No offense taken. I own both. It fits with the zipper closed, including the RC Pro.
IMG_2783.jpeg

IMG_2784.jpeg

Last edited:
No offense taken. I own both. It fits with the zipper closed, including the RC Pro.
View attachment 167950

View attachment 167952

Thank you!! That is a good news. Is this how you carry your's?
I usually put my M3 in with the camera facing upwards for extra protection of the most fragile component being the gimbal. As for the RC the pic is just for demo I suppose, right? I usually remove the control sticks and slide the controller down to the bottom so it sits there parallel with the back of the bag with sreen facing to the front of the bag. I am sure you do the same🙂
May I ask why do you have the LED lights covered with tape? Just curious.
Thanks again for replying with the pics!!

Last edited:
Thank you!! That is a good news. Is this how you carry your's?
I usually put my M3 in with the camera facing upwards for extra protection of the most fragile component being the gimbal. As for the RC the pic is just for demo I suppose, right? I usually remove the control sticks and slide the controller down to the bottom so it sits there parallel with the back of the bag with sreen facing to the front of the bag. I am sure you do the same🙂
May I ask why do you have the LED lights covered with tape? Just curious.
Thanks again for replying with the pics!!
My current favorite carry bag for the Mavic 3 Pro is an Autel EVO 2 shoulder bag. Three batteries on the bottom layer, the drone on top, and the RC Pro on top of the drone, and the card wallet in the front pocket. Fits perfectly. Personally, the Mavic 3 backpack bag has way too much bulk for the flap holding the backpack components for everyday use. I always leave my sticks installed on the RC Pro. Much faster deployment, and I'll never lose them that way. The photo neglected to include the rubber cone shaped stick protectors that I put over the sticks in my bag to avoid any lateral pressure on them. Were I to use the Mavic 3 backpack bag, I would use it as seen, as there is no way to put the RC Pro along the back side of the batteries with the sticks installed. I also insert the drone gimbal side down, as the gimbal protector is smooth, and provides the best protection with weight on it. Not sure how DJI intended it to be inserted, as I bought my DJI backpack bag empty for $79 on eBay. LED lights are in stealth mode, as DJI no longer offers the option to turn them off in the rear in the Consumer line, like before. People freak out when they see flashing lights, and they attract unwanted attention. If no one is around, the tape can easily be removed. RC Pro is also in silent mode, so no heart attack beeping during landing below 15% battery. It's my Karen defense!

Just found this DJI photo online of the full bag. You are right! Gimbal up is the preferred installation. Thanks for pointing that out, in case I ever use it for the backpack feature, say when ebiking. I do really like the organization inside! It is a quality bag. Just too expensive at $279. At $79, it was a steal!

IMG_2792.png

Last edited:
My current favorite carry bag for the Mavic 3 Pro is an Autel EVO 2 shoulder bag. Three batteries on the bottom layer, the drone on top, and the RC Pro on top of the drone, and the card wallet in the front pocket. Fits perfectly. Personally, the Mavic 3 backpack bag has way too much bulk for the flap holding the backpack components for everyday use. I always leave my sticks installed on the RC Pro. Much faster deployment, and I'll never lose them that way. The photo neglected to include the rubber cone shaped stick protectors that I put over the sticks in my bag to avoid any lateral pressure on them. Were I to use the Mavic 3 backpack bag, I would use it as seen, as there is no way to put the RC Pro along the back side of the batteries with the sticks installed. I also insert the drone gimbal side down, as the gimbal protector is smooth, and provides the best protection with weight on it. Not sure how DJI intended it to be inserted, as I bought my DJI backpack bag empty for $79 on eBay. LED lights are in stealth mode, as DJI no longer offers the option to turn them off in the rear in the Consumer line, like before. People freak out when they see flashing lights, and they attract unwanted attention. If no one is around, the tape can easily be removed. RC Pro is also in silent mode, so no heart attack beeping during landing below 15% battery. It's my Karen defense!

Just found this DJI photo online of the full bag. You are right! Gimbal up is the preferred installation. Thanks for pointing that out, in case I ever use it for the backpack feature, say when ebiking. I do really like the organization inside! It is a quality bag. Just too expensive at $279. At $79, it was a steal!

View attachment 167973
No problem. I am sure I saw somehere a video how the drone is suppose to be put there and also the controller. I actually never worry about removing the sticks. If I can suggest something which I find very helpful. I mark the sticks with a white paint dot. It tells me where is the start of the thread. Before mounting the sticks I know how to hold them so the thread engages perfectly without fiddling with the sticks. And to undo them I know they require exactly four equal twisting motions between my fingers. Since I've done this (and practiced a bit) I have not dropped them or struggled with threading them on. The installation and removal of the stick is now a breeze - safe and secure😄
I personally never liked carrying the bag across the shoulder. It became very uncomfortable after only a short walk. Carrying it as backpack, I can hike for entire day without feeling it. I really like it as a backpack a lot. For that reason if/when I upgrade to M3P I will definitely keep it and sell my M3 without it.

Last edited:
No problem. I am sure I saw somehere a video how the drone is suppose to be put there and also the controller. I actually never worry about removing the sticks. If I can suggest something which I find very helpful. I mark the sticks with a white paint dot. It tells me where is the start of the thread. Before mounting the sticks I know how to hold them so the tread engages perfectly without fiddling with the sticks. And to undo them I know they require exactly four equal twisting motions between my fingers. Since I've done this (and practiced a bit) I have not dropped them or struggled with threading them on. The installation and removal of the stick is now a breeze - safe and secure😄
I personally never liked carrying the bag across the shoulder. It became very uncomfortable after only a short walk. Carrying it as backpack, I can hike for entire day without feeling it. I really it a lot.
Yeah, I never investigated exactly how the bag was intended to be loaded, until now. The backpack bag makes a terrible shoulder bag because of that extra flap's bulk and weight to hide the backpack. Hence the choice of the very comfortable EVO 2 Autel shoulder bag. Autel Robotics makes crappy drones, but great bags! LOL! Thanks for the stick tips, but I still prefer leaving them installed for instant deployment. With the rubber stick protectors, I just slip them into the top mesh compartment of the EVO 2 bag during flight. Can't beat the compact size of this Autel bag, with a great carrying handle and shoulder strap. I've been using the original EVO bag for the Mavic 3, but it was just a little too small for the Mavic 3 Pro, I understand your original concern. EVO 2 bag is just that much larger, but not too bulky.

IMG_2807.jpeg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volidas