DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 Customer Survey today

Takes dandy pictures, but its flight characteristics are dominated by hard landings.

You read it here first.

Isn't this a record for latest first snow in parts of Colorado?
Yep. Sadly. We're hurting for moisture

Reactions: BethanyFerrell
Let’s face the truth. If anybody believes the M3 when released is a great drone they either don’t know what they’re saying or they’re straight out lying. Imagine spending that amount of coin on a fridge or a microwave & it couldn’t do what it was supposed to do.
Unfortunately, on forums like this the die hard members live by the old adage “if you’ve got nothing good to say, say nothing al all”. Forget YouTube… almost every review is by a person who received a free M3 & is too frightened to offend DJI for fear of not receiving any more products from them. Absolutely disgraceful from DJI.

Reactions: globetrotterdrone
Let’s face the truth. If anybody believes the M3 when released is a great drone they either don’t know what they’re saying or they’re straight out lying. Imagine spending that amount of coin on a fridge or a microwave & it couldn’t do what it was supposed to do.
Unfortunately, on forums like this the die hard members live by the old adage “if you’ve got nothing good to say, say nothing al all”. Forget YouTube… almost every review is by a person who received a free M3 & is too frightened to offend DJI for fear of not receiving any more products from them. Absolutely disgraceful from DJI.
I hear you, but I have come to think that they just released the drone way too soon. It wasn't tested enough for DJI to get enough real world data back in order to expose the areas that needed more attention and work.

I have on occasion thought that maybe some people hear were actively supporting DJI no matter what but I am not sure that is the case.

We could be discussing pretty much anything and there will be two opposing groups lol.

Yeah, but I'm a weenie and I don't want to fly in the cold... 😉

Also, there is no flying at Bear Creek Lake Park. It's a State Park and Lakewood Park.
That's why I said near. ;)

Reactions: Vic Moss
Isn't this a record for latest first snow in parts of Colorado?
Yes, by a long shot. Depressing, actually. Had some fires start earlier this week, which is rare at this time of the year.

Strange how so many online reviewers rave about the M3 and actual users have so many issues with the M3. I'm holding off on the M3 until DJI solves the issues but not holding my breath. It seems to me DJI rushed this to market without thorough testing. SMH

Cheers!
I'm not a film maker. More of a hobbyist. I have to admit the camaera system is a step backwards in regards to detail. It's low light and zoom qualities are ok. It's best attributes are in it's performance, speed, agility, and flight time. It's tele lens is pretty amazing for a hobbyist.

If I were a pro, there is no way I would buy this drone, unless I needed the drones flight capabilities. With the CINE version, the flight capabilities get thrown out the window because of the extra weight, so I definitely wouldn't buy that.

This drone does, as I have read, seems like it's meant for non-filmmaker commercial use.

I'm not a film maker. More of a hobbyist. I have to admit the camaera system is a step backwards in regards to detail. It's low light and zoom qualities are ok. It's best attributes are in it's performance, speed, agility, and flight time. It's tele lens is pretty amazing for a hobbyist.

If I were a pro, there is no way I would buy this drone, unless I needed the drones flight capabilities. With the CINE version, the flight capabilities get thrown out the window because of the extra weight, so I definitely wouldn't buy that.

This drone does, as I have read, seems like it's meant for non-filmmaker commercial use.
+4 grams, thrown out the window, I doubt that.

Reactions: Meta4
Forget YouTube… almost every review is by a person who received a free M3
Did they?
I wasn't an M3 tester, so I don't know for sure, but it's usual for review drones to be returned to the maker.

I am waiting for the new
Nikon Z9....I hope the initial reviews are better than the
Mavic Pro 3!.....
I'm waiting for mine as well. This whole experience with the M3 , and rumors that NIkon is also not shipping "complete" firmware has got me a tad worried. When my M3 is working, the stills are pretty great, but so many features don't work, that I hesitate to use it for paying photoshoots. Manual focus is a joke and while autofocus works much of the time, you never know when it's going to stop working. Grrr.

I'm not sure which system you're comparing it to as a "step backwards", but it's better than the M2P, which is what this drone replaced. I love my M2P, but it will be leaving my fleet next week.

My low light tests of the Mavic 3 show it to be phenomenal. If you're comparing it to the Inspire 2, you may be right. But for the Mavic and Phantom series, it's definitely a step up.
Take off weight of the M3 is 895g, the Cine is 899g, so that's not really any difference. That is less difference that adding a strobe for night ops.
That depends on your definition of non-filmmaker. I see this as a great little drone for some smaller budget or indie films. Major motion, no. I'm also seeing this as a good drone for B-roll and TV.

If DJI had put optical zoom on the 4/3 camera and left the 1/2" completely off, if would be more useful. To me that's a completely useless camera. I see very little practical use. Nothing that comes off of that sensor is very useful. And definitely not useful for anything commercially produced in the creative verticals.

DJI still needs to work on this drone, and they definitely laid an egg when it comes to flight. Which to me is the entire point of having a drone. Yes, it's awesome to put in the air as a still 4/3 camera. And it works pretty well as a 4/3 video camera in the air. But it's flight characteristics, even though better with the latest firmware update, are still not where they need to be for true the performance expected from it's end users.

Reactions: Point Zero
I'm not sure which system you're comparing it to as a "step backwards", but it's better than the M2P, which is what this drone replaced. I love my M2P, but it will be leaving my fleet next week.

My low light tests of the Mavic 3 show it to be phenomenal. If you're comparing it to the Inspire 2, you may be right. But for the Mavic and Phantom series, it's definitely a step up.

Take off weight of the M3 is 895g, the Cine is 899g, so that's not really any difference. That is less difference that adding a strobe for night ops.

That depends on your definition of non-filmmaker. I see this as a great little drone for some smaller budget or indie films. Major motion, no. I'm also seeing this as a good drone for B-roll and TV.

If DJI had put optical zoom on the 4/3 camera and left the 1/2" completely off, if would be more useful. To me that's a completely useless camera. I see very little practical use. Nothing that comes off of that sensor is very useful. And definitely not useful for anything commercially produced in the creative verticals.

DJI still needs to work on this drone, and they definitely laid an egg when it comes to flight. Which to me is the entire point of having a drone. Yes, it's awesome to put in the air as a still 4/3 camera. And it works pretty well as a 4/3 video camera in the air. But it's flight characteristics, even though better with the latest firmware update, are still not where they need to be for true the performance expected from it's end users.
I compared it to the daytime detail levels of the Air2S and the Evo2 6K. Image detail, i thought, is important to film makers. The Mav3 beats the M2P in every way. I just find the image detail of the Mav 3 in daylight a bit weak.

I read that the cine loses 10 minutes of flight time. I assumed it was because of a weight difference.

Got the survey today. Last question they asked was “what are the most urgent improvements we can make to Flight experience?” I responded with “bring back Go or put advanced features into Fly”

Just received a message via the DJI Fly App on my mobile asking if I could take the time to complete a customer satisfaction survey. So I thought it would be a good way to talk directly to DJI about the reasons I refunded my M3FMC. I guess they didn't know I had returned my unit to DJI 3 days after it arrived.

I gave them the 5 big points that I was most disappointed with...

1) Number of features Not Available at launch

2) The DJI Fly App that was a major step backwards in features and functionality

3) The stock controller for a brand new £2,000 drone being the same as the stock controller for a £419 drone and the fact that compared to the Mavic 2 RC it lacked flight data and quite a few buttons.

4) The purple colour shift in photos and film

5) The green laser pointer Lens Flare effect. Literally the worst lens flare I have ever seen. I'm OCD with stuff like this and when it appears on footage its all I can see. I love shooting sunrise and sunsets so this is a real issue for me.

Lets see what happens after the January FW update I suppose.

I hope they get things fixed though I am not sure what can ever be done with the lens flare other then a different coating on the sensor (if that's the reason)
I’m no fan of DJI, but I’m no lyre either. It’s a nice drone at a good price point. It does pretty much what I expected it to. At the end of the day it’s an expensive toy, it’s a toy consumer drone, like all Mavic drones.

DJI shouldn’t bother asking us how to improve it and be more concerned about what they will need to do to get us to buy a M4? Good luck with that one DJI. There’s only so much you can do with a compact foldable drone with a miniature point and shoot camera.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jordy