DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 Customer Survey today

Point Zero

Reactions
Just received a message via the DJI Fly App on my mobile asking if I could take the time to complete a customer satisfaction survey. So I thought it would be a good way to talk directly to DJI about the reasons I refunded my M3FMC. I guess they didn't know I had returned my unit to DJI 3 days after it arrived.

I gave them the 5 big points that I was most disappointed with...

1) Number of features Not Available at launch

2) The DJI Fly App that was a major step backwards in features and functionality

3) The stock controller for a brand new £2,000 drone being the same as the stock controller for a £419 drone and the fact that compared to the Mavic 2 RC it lacked flight data and quite a few buttons.

4) The purple colour shift in photos and film

5) The green laser pointer Lens Flare effect. Literally the worst lens flare I have ever seen. I'm OCD with stuff like this and when it appears on footage its all I can see. I love shooting sunrise and sunsets so this is a real issue for me.

Lets see what happens after the January FW update I suppose.

I hope they get things fixed though I am not sure what can ever be done with the lens flare other then a different coating on the sensor (if that's the reason)

Just received a message via the DJI Fly App on my mobile asking if I could take the time to complete a customer satisfaction survey. So I thought it would be a good way to talk directly to DJI about the reasons I refunded my M3FMC. I guess they didn't know I had returned my unit to DJI 3 days after it arrived.

I gave them the 5 big points that I was most disappointed with...

1) Number of features Not Available at launch

2) The DJI Fly App that was a major step backwards in features and functionality

3) The stock controller for a brand new £2,000 drone being the same as the stock controller for a £419 drone and the fact that compared to the Mavic 2 RC it lacked flight data and quite a few buttons.

4) The purple colour shift in photos and film

5) The green laser pointer Lens Flare effect. Literally the worst lens flare I have ever seen. I'm OCD with stuff like this and when it appears on footage its all I can see. I love shooting sunrise and sunsets so this is a real issue for me.

Lets see what happens after the January FW update I suppose.

I hope they get things fixed though I am not sure what can ever be done with the lens flare other then a different coating on the sensor (if that's the reason)
Strange how so many online reviewers rave about the M3 and actual users have so many issues with the M3. I'm holding off on the M3 until DJI solves the issues but not holding my breath. It seems to me DJI rushed this to market without thorough testing. SMH

Cheers!

I think you are right, but i think most of those reviewers all received their M3's free and who knows if that or something else has swayed the initial batch of reviews?

I do have a lot of confidence that DJI will make this right somehow. They are a great company and have innovated in so many areas, and the Mavic 2 Pro is an amazing piece of kit that I would have continued to use had I not sold it just before my M3FMC arrived!

I think you are right, but i think most of those reviewers all received their M3's free and who knows if that or something else has swayed the initial batch of reviews?

I do have a lot of confidence that DJI will make this right somehow. They are a great company and have innovated in so many areas, and the Mavic 2 Pro is an amazing piece of kit that I would have continued to use had I not sold it just before my M3FMC arrived!
Same here... exactly my thoughts. Also sold my M2P to a friend, the day my M3FMC arrived. ... But at the moment, I really miss it. It was more "complete" and ... ah, I just loved that drone. Rock solid and gracefully flying... always. But I'm trying to love the new one, too. At the moment it's waiting on my desk, waiting for more flights... and I'm also waiting and hoping the flight software / firmware and App will keep up with the looks and the build quality of that aircraft.

Strange how so many online reviewers rave about the M3 and actual users have so many issues with the M3. I'm holding off on the M3 until DJI solves the issues but not holding my breath. It seems to me DJI rushed this to market without thorough testing. SMH

Cheers!
I feel like I've seen the complete inverse of that. "Influencers" talking about the plethora of issues but mostly happy "regular folk". I suppose it depends on a lot of factors. On this forum even, we're all used to seeing issues because people are more likely to be vocal about them vs giving praise randomly. My 2 cents anyway.

Reactions: Ranf Drone
I feel like I've seen the complete inverse of that. "Influencers" talking about the plethora of issues but mostly happy "regular folk". I suppose it depends on a lot of factors. On this forum even, we're all used to seeing issues because people are more likely to be vocal about them vs giving praise randomly. My 2 cents anyway.
Yeah it seems far easier to complain than it is to give praise but there are many people really enjoying their new M3's and I am sure that list will just keep growing once DJI address things.

Bummer, I don't see a survey in my app yet.

Bummer, I don't see a survey in my app yet.
I didn't even load the app, I got a notification and when I clicked it, then it loaded the app. I am also in the UK so maybe they are doing it certain regions at certain times or it might be random. I was kind of assuming everyone received a notification today.

I didn't even load the app, I got a notification and when I clicked it, then it loaded the app. I am also in the UK so maybe they are doing it certain regions at certain times or it might be random. I was kind of assuming everyone received a notification today.
Was it an email, or a mobile push message? I might have push notifications turned off for Fly.

Cheers!
Remember all those Youtube videos talking about how M2P didn't have true 4K video?

So DJI learned not to design and engineer better but to buy off more Youtubers?

Same here... exactly my thoughts. Also sold my M2P to a friend, the day my M3FMC arrived. ... But at the moment, I really miss it. It was more "complete" and ... ah, I just loved that drone. Rock solid and gracefully flying... always. But I'm trying to love the new one, too. At the moment it's waiting on my desk, waiting for more flights... and I'm also waiting and hoping the flight software / firmware and App will keep up with the looks and the build quality of that aircraft.
There is a lot to be said for trust in what you are flying. You always knew what your Mavic 2 was going to do, there were no surprises. With the OA on the M3 being kind of underdeveloped or buggy has essentially taken away that important level of trust between man and machine. Sure you can turn it off for now but I would never ever turn the sensors off on my M2 when in normal mode. Seems a high price to pay for a smooth flight. Again this will all be addressed and we will all be raving about how cool the new sensors and OA is. Still a few more things on the list but its the way it goes.

I am waiting for the new
Nikon Z9....I hope the initial reviews are better than the
Mavic Pro 3!.....

I'm updating one of mine today. I'll try and fly them and see if I can tell the difference tomorrow afternoon. It's snowing today (finally) in Denver, so no flights.

Reactions: Point Zero
I'm updating one of mine today. I'll try and fly them and see if I can tell the difference tomorrow afternoon. It's snowing today (finally) in Denver, so no flights.
Could probably fly this afternoon, supposed to clear by noon I think. Might take mine out near Bear Creek Lake Park.

Could probably fly this afternoon, supposed to clear by noon I think. Might take mine out near Bear Creek Lake Park.
Yeah, but I'm a weenie and I don't want to fly in the cold... 😉

Also, there is no flying at Bear Creek Lake Park. It's a State Park and Lakewood Park.

I am waiting for the new
Nikon Z9....I hope the initial reviews are better than the
Mavic Pro 3!.....
Takes dandy pictures, but its flight characteristics are dominated by hard landings.

You read it here first.

It's snowing today (finally) in Denver, so no flights.
Isn't this a record for latest first snow in parts of Colorado?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volpe