DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Purchase recommendation (Mavic 3 , Mavic 3 Classic , Air 3)

Good afternoon, I am getting started in the field of drones, I just obtained the A1-3 and STS certifications and I am currently looking for a drone to start working on night events. I am evaluating between the following models: Mavic 3 Classic, Mavic 3 (second-hand) and Mavic Air 3. The advantage of the Mavic 3/Classic is the sensor and in the case of the Mavic 3 it is the telephoto lens, the disadvantage is that the The Mavic 3 that I can opt for is second-hand and I am worried that it is discontinued and does not have support. I don't know if the Air 3, even having a smaller sensor, can be on par with the Mavic 3 in night video.

I appreciate your opinions.
Thank you.
Just read through the thread and it seems most people have missed commenting about the case use. You said "filming night events". This limits you with regard to proximity flight, even when you have correct certification. The best way around this problem would be to use a drone with excellent camera(s) and good quality optical zoom. The Mavic 3 pro is the only bird in the nest with both 3x and 7x. Close behind that would be the Air 3 with 3x. For up-close-and-personal (as long as it's not a crowd underneath): that would be the mini 3 pro.

Reactions: Kiket