DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 did not give a low battery alert.

cwthompson100

Reactions
My first question is how do I download .txt files from the DJI RC PRO I was using?
The drone was doing a "point of view" around a boat when it announced "critical low battery" and landed in the ocean. I did not receive a low battery warning prior to this warning. Any thoughts. Thanks in advance.

My first question is how do I download .txt files from the DJI RC PRO I was using?
Go to DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help
Follow the instructions there to upload your flight record from your phone or tablet.
That will give you a detailed report of the flight.
Come back and post a link to the report it gives you.
Or .. just post the txt file here.

Your files are likely to be in a similar location to the Smart Controller that's mentioned near the bottom of the instructions from that link.
I did not receive a low battery warning prior to this warning. Any thoughts.
I've seen a couple of similar reports from DJI Fly app users.
You can't rely on hearing/seeing a low battery warning.
You have to keep an eye on the battery level indication up top of the screen.
i-RH2HF4L-M.jpg

Reactions: BigAl07 and maggior
When/if a warning is issued or a low battery RTH initiated does the controller vibrate? Non Mavic 3 flyer here and I can't remember if my drones' controllers vibrate.

When/if a warning is issued or a low battery RTH initiated does the controller vibrate? Non Mavic 3 flyer here and I can't remember if my drones' controllers vibrate.
Yes, if using the RC Pro, It will vibrate and be audio during critical warnings.

Reactions: Yorkshire_Pud
I was flying my Mavic 3 Cine yesterday across a valley, glanced down and my battery was suddenly very low. Sometimes when you are busy flying you are not constantly staring at battery percentage, plus, my other DJY Drones have a setting for low battery and I get an obvious warning on my Inspire 2, for instance. I just made it home before critical low battery. I've sent a message to DJI to please include a user adjustable low battery warning.

The drone was doing a "point of view" around a boat when it announced "critical low battery" and landed in the ocean. I did not receive a low battery warning prior to this warning. Any thoughts. Thanks in advance.

@cwthompson100 Any updates on this? We'd love to see the Data from this flight for peer review.

OOOOOOHHHH HEY WAIT

If your close enough
On your battery indicator there will indicate no yellow (the yellow that means the rth battery) when your drone is close enough to home point

It's probably the same reason why you can't rth when the drone is close

I was flying my drone close to me and it simply just decided to land from crit low battery and it didn't tell me the battery was getting low

Just like your situation my whole battery was enough to get it home and that's why it didn't tell us

But if you were abit farther away and it didn't tell you then things are wrong

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mini2+