Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3? DJI New patents released!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulArcher

Reactions
Hello,
I know speculating isn't going to do much, but it's fun to do.

I stumbled upon some DJI released patents for new drone tech and thought this might be the Mavic 3...
I've found some photos with the patents and speculated a bit on the potential specs:( Mod Removed Blog Link)

What do you think guys? Am I paranoid?
biggrin.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello,
I know speculating isn't going to do much, but it's fun to do.

I stumbled upon some DJI released patents for new drone tech and thought this might be the Mavic 3...
I've found some photos with the patents and speculated a bit on the potential specs: DJI Mavic 3 ( leak and spec updated page in 2020)

What do you think guys? Am I paranoid?
biggrin.gif
A link to the patent filings you suspect are relevant would be great- a nice alternative to reading a huge blurb on speculation.

Paranoid no but come on.
0012EE73-AB15-45CA-9E24-98B2E289532C.jpeg
surely they could’ve done better than that.

One thing I highly doubt you will see will be a M4/3 camera. Just too large.
And without interchangeable lens what's the point?
The weakest point on mavics is the lens.

I read another snippet on this today from drone dj. The entire article appears at the link below. I only pasted a small part of the article.

https://dronedj.com/2020/07/24/possible-dji-mavic-3-leaked-in-patent-sporting-a-larger-camera/

The DJI Mavic 3 design has appeared to leak in the latest round of DJI patents uploaded to the Chinese patent office, featuring a new larger camera, updated battery, and new sensor locations. While we aren’t 100% that this is the Mavic 3 it looks likely that it is.

The patent

The patent has a simple title of “Unmanned Aerial Vehicle” with an application date of January 22nd and a publication date of May 28th. This exact patent has been on the database for a little while, but an image was never attached before. Today the image has been made public.

While digging around in the patent we found that we were unable to open the full text and documents.

Taking a look at the drawing attached to the patent we are able to see a few new design choices which lead us to believe that this is a new drone.
Camera
Let’s start with the camera, taking a look at the camera we can see a boxier design with sharper gimbal arms than found on the Mavic 2. The camera lens has also gotten a new circular shape, hopefully it supports ND filters directly, like the Mavic Air 2 does.

Battery

Looking at the battery, we can see the usual power button with the battery indicator light forming a ring around it. Looking further back we are able to see four dots which appear to be indicator lights for displaying battery power level. The battery also appears to have new indents on either side of the power button.

Sensors
One of the first things I noticed when looking at this image, is the position of the upward-facing obstacle avoidance sensor (Item 10). This would obviously protect the drone from colliding with something above it. There is what appears to be a rear sensor seen in Item 420.

1595615584890.png

To be fair they've given a made up Mavic 3 Pro rumour a bit more effort than most and a hilariously bad photoshop like that certainly gave me a good laugh.
Well it was funny looking and the article after i just reread it was made up by the OP. I saw no links to new patents but did see he was just promoting his blog.
11. Do not use posts to promote your blog,

Guys as much as I would love to see a new Mavic 3 I can’t let this go any further per our guidelines so this is over.
There are other M3P rumor threads if you guys want to continue.
@PaulArcher please read our guidelines pertaining to linking to
your blog. I have removed the link .

CLOSED

Reactions: Johnmcl7
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members