Join Us Now

Mavic 3 drift with the wind taking off

zeusfl

Mavic Pilot Guru
Premium Pilot
Reactions
Site
youtube.com
Today was a windy day about 15-20mph wind here.

Testing today my Mavic 3 comparing with the Mavic 2 pro I notice taking off the Mavic 3 drift to the left for about 3-4 ft and them hold the position. I did this test several times with the same result. Then I tested with the Mavic 2 Pro and the M2P just drift few inches taking off and hold the position. I did the test several times with both.

Have anyone notice this? I know lots of firmware updates are coming but this one is a must to fix one.

Today was a windy day about 15-20mph wind here.

Testing today my Mavic 3 comparing with the Mavic 2 pro I notice taking off the Mavic 3 drift to the left for about 3-4 ft and them hold the position. I did this test several times with the same result. Then I tested with the Mavic 2 Pro and the M2P just drift few inches taking off and hold the position. I did the test several times with both.
Before being concerned, you'd need to find out the cause of that.
There are a number of possibile causes that would not necessarily indicate a problem.
It could be that you were hovering over a spot that's not suitable for VPS and doesn't give it a recognisable patern or texture to lock onto.
Or the lighting wasn't good enough for VPS.
It may not have had full GPS/

Posting your flight data might help to see what the issue may have been.

Reactions: Point Zero
I have the video. I will try upload the flying data.
Also i was using a orange landing pad with the H.

Just an example. Air data does not show to much wind.

Just an example. Air data does not show to much wind.
Your flight data, just like another recent case of an M3 "drifting", shows that almost immediately after launching, the drone went into detour mode.
It wasn't a case of drifting with the wind.
It was the drone's obstacle avoidance system affecting things.

Your M3 was in detour mode for the whole time except for the automated takeoff and the times you engaged RTH.
You could try disabling OA and see if that makes a difference.

Your flight data, just like another recent case of an M3 "drifting", shows that almost immediately after launching, the drone went into detour mode.
It wasn't a case of drifting with the wind.
It was the drone's obstacle avoidance system affecting things.
mmmm... the weird thing is that does not have anything close to it. Probably is a bug.

mmmm... the weird thing is that does not have anything close to it.
Just like the other case that showed up.

DJI would do good, to give the pilot more feedback on what automatic feature is currently activated.
But I don't see that with DJI Fly, honestly the opposite is true.

Before being concerned, you'd need to find out the cause of that.
There are a number of possibile causes that would not necessarily indicate a problem.
It could be that you were hovering over a spot that's not suitable for VPS and doesn't give it a recognisable patern or texture to lock onto.
Or the lighting wasn't good enough for VPS.
It may not have had full GPS/

Posting your flight data might help to see what the issue may have been.
Also check the surrounding obstructions. Reported winds may be one speed but if the winds are funneled around obstacles or through nearby spaces the speeds would be increased.

Also check the surrounding obstructions. Reported winds may be one speed but if the winds are funneled around obstacles or through nearby spaces the speeds would be increased.
Wind was not a factor in this instance.
The data shows clearly what caused the issue.

The other instance was me. For me it moved 200ft to the side. Is this a suspected glitch or this is just normal and can happen anytime?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots