DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 Enterprise, RTH fine but doesn't land.

Mitchimus12

Reactions
Sorry to reach out but I thought someone maybe able to point me in the right direction. My Mavic 3 Enterprise will not auto land when returning to the home point unless you manually instruct it to. Can this be changed? Again sorry for the bone question !!

Can you screen capture the landing process and post a video of it, to include any screen messages ?

Hopefully it’s just something in the settings that’s causing it.
I don’t have that expensive of a DJI but I’d be totally pissed if it wasn’t something that could be “user correctable”.
Good luck with it.

The most likely reason is it doesn't like the landing site due to the Landing Protection feature.

People generally don't understand what LP is protecting against, and therefore don't understand how important it is.

What LP is evaluating is the flatness, and levelness of the surface. Beyond a certain slope it becomes impossible to successfully land because the props will contact the surface on the upslope side. Same problem with an insufficiently flat surface, props can strike a raised part of the rough topology.

So all fixed and turns out that downward sensor being set to 2m stopped the landing phase of RTH. Reduced to 0.5m and all is good both when pressing RTH or when forcing a communication break from the GCS. Thanks for the advice though guys!!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeoffreyBH