DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 hissing

SteveMouzon

Reactions
I haven't flown in a few weeks until this weekend, but something is new. After each time I land, my Mavic 3 is hissing at me. I'm assuming it's a cooling fan, but am wondering why it does it after each landing now, but never did it before? A firmware change or something? In any case, after the first landing I let it run for several minutes, but it never quit. So I changed batteries and it didn't come on with the new battery. Seems like if it was overheated it would have kept running on the new fan. Any thoughts or guidance?

FWIW, it's not that much hotter now than the last time I flew... 70s & lower 80s.

Its gone feral. Get a rabies shot before handling it any further. Seriously, the fan runs often on mine. I think the only thing that changed is your fan bearing or blades are noisy now. Perhaps some debris or foreign material in there...

I've been flying the last couple weeks in the 80 and 90 degree weather and haven't noticed anything like that before. You should be able to check the battery temps to see if they are overheating.

A lot of pilots here are older and many probably don’t hear cooling fans as much as others might.
If not flying under more load (windy, sports mode etc) then it might be some change has occurred, be it some sort of debri / dust build up (usually a gradual problem development though), or it could be some sort of early fan bearing failure starting.
I’d keep an eye (ear) on it and get it looked at under warranty if it persists / gets worse.

I haven't flown in a few weeks until this weekend, but something is new. After each time I land, my Mavic 3 is hissing at me. I'm assuming it's a cooling fan, but am wondering why it does it after each landing now, but never did it before? A firmware change or something? In any case, after the first landing I let it run for several minutes, but it never quit. So I changed batteries and it didn't come on with the new battery. Seems like if it was overheated it would have kept running on the new fan. Any thoughts or guidance?

FWIW, it's not that much hotter now than the last time I flew... 70s & lower 80s.
to really know for sure you would have to compare it to another Mavic 3 drone and letting it run for several minutes when it's Not flying will not always allow the drone to cool down for the fan to slow down or stop.

Does anyone know if the battery is the main source of heat? If so, then swapping out batteries would answer the question of why the fan doesn't come back on afterward.

Also, what is everyone's experience with warranty repairs? Does it take closer to a week, or a month? Or longer?

Does anyone know if the battery is the main source of heat? If so, then swapping out batteries would answer the question of why the fan doesn't come back on afterward.

Also, what is everyone's experience with warranty repairs? Does it take closer to a week, or a month? Or longer?

The circuit boards will heat up, too. It's probably best to let the fan run until everything has cooled and it switches off on its own.

Most likely the back Vent is hissing do to Moisture, it only takes a little bit and your frying eggs on the back vent , This is why we designed the Mavic 3 Wet Suit to block the openings but keep the vent itself open.

Those of you , who get caught in the rain or Submerge your Mavic 3 as we do will notice it immediately.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic 3 in the Rain. Land on the Water.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada