DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 Imu error

Coadyd

Reactions
I updated to the latest firmware today had to calibrated my imu .now my drone won't calibrate and can't fly .. any idea how to roll back the firmware I'm totally fed up with Dji sorry I sold my Autel.

Attachments

• 20220601_221156.jpg
    20220601_221156.jpg
    815.2 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
According to other forums there seems to be a problem with the new FW regarding IMU calibration.

I updated to the latest firmware today had to calibrated my imu .now my drone won't calibrate and can't fly .. any idea how to roll back the firmware I'm totally fed up with Dji sorry I sold my Autel.
I'm not sure if at drone hacks website is already possible they have the tool to downgrade the firmware of the M3. Pay attention to their website because they update the content
frequently.

Reactions: tng7576650
The new firmware does not apparently allow a IMU calibration to complete successfully. Yet another defect...

How does a company as big as Dji release a firmware update and not test all aspects of the firmware..

Please, if anyone wants to downgrade their FW on the Mavic 3, I recommend against it. You will get GPS Module error, GPS Module missing, GPS Module signature error and you will not be able to fly at all again until you go back to .0700 again. This latest update, as I have been saying is focused on the GPS module and DOES not allow downgrade.

Please, if anyone wants to downgrade their FW on the Mavic 3, I recommend against it. You will get GPS Module error, GPS Module missing, GPS Module signature error and you will not be able to fly at all again until you go back to .0700 again. This latest update, as I have been saying is focused on the GPS module and DOES not allow downgrade.
That's definitely anti-rollback FW! If you want your GPS module truly fixed, you have to pay the piper! However, the additional enhancements to the 7x telephoto make it worth the sacrifice.

So I have to admit....really want to check out the newest firmware update with what I'm seeing are a lot of improvements. But then I read these posts of the issue with IMU calibration error and M3's being grounded and its a little unnerving. What to do. Wondering if those that are experiencing this issue are a small percentage of those that have updated...Hmm, what to do??

It's usually not necessary to calibrate the IMU after a firmware update, so I'd not worry too much. Don't recalibrate if you're not asked to do so in the app and you should be fine!
That is true but when and if needed it would not work so you will be grounded.

Have my IMU calibration failed after the update to .0700
IMU status is normal, tho...
Found this on DJI forum:

"
Just got a reply from DJI via Facebook. See their reply below:
Hunter Haopeng Chen
Hi there, we have received an update from our engineers. The issue has been located, the processing method of the data used in the IMU calibration may cause some aircraft probabilistically result in not meet the requirements of the calibration algorithm. It will not affect the aircraft. We will optimize the issue soon with an update. Apologize for the inconvenience caused
"

Reactions: R.Cowan
Have my IMU calibration failed after the update to .0700
IMU status is normal, tho...
Found this on DJI forum:

"
Just got a reply from DJI via Facebook. See their reply below:
Hunter Haopeng Chen
Hi there, we have received an update from our engineers. The issue has been located, the processing method of the data used in the IMU calibration may cause some aircraft probabilistically result in not meet the requirements of the calibration algorithm. It will not affect the aircraft. We will optimize the issue soon with an update. Apologize for the inconvenience caused
"
Thanks Mraka for sharing this information. I actually got up the nerve to do the update last week.

Reactions: mraka
I flew just now, everything is perfect.

Previous to this FW i did have some wobbly behaviour in certain situations, after .0700 update those seem to be gone. Hope they are gone for good.

Reactions: R.Cowan

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jimwinter