DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 jerks when coming off the throttle

Have any of you that are complaining considered this may be an intentional choice DJI made? Is it so difficult to consider that perhaps their priority is the footage/image produced? It is obvious that the gimbal can handle this behavior without any issues. I still do not understand why you focus on the flight behavior of the drone instead of the footage/image produced and what exactly you would gain if this changed but the resulting footage remained the same.

• Love
Reactions: Bob in Savannah
Have any of you that are complaining considered this may be an intentional choice DJI made?
If it is, they have the wrong people in charge of the program.

I still do not understand why you focus on the flight behavior of the drone instead of the footage/image produced
Because the flight characteristics affect the smoothness of the video.
I use the Mavic 3 for stills but when my clients need good video, I use my Phantom because it can produce smooth video rather than jerky video.

My Mavic 3 does this using the DJI RC Controller. Although it is a little unnerving it does not effect your video as the gamble takes care of the abrupt movement.

Reactions: Bob in Savannah
If it is, they have the wrong people in charge of the program.

Because the flight characteristics affect the smoothness of the video.
I use the Mavic 3 for stills but when my clients need good video, I use my Phantom because it can produce smooth video rather than jerky video.
It's not just the video that's affected. The abrupt braking behavior greatly increases the disturbing nature of the noise the drone produces. If you're filming people or animals close by, it's an annoying irritant.

Even in Cine mode and flying at 1 mph, there's a noticeable sound produced when stopping. I've rest the exp curves to allow very minimal control inputs and can't get around it.

Reactions: Meta4
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada