DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 Lens Problem

andrey_ru

Reactions
Hello! My name is Andrey.
My Mavic 3 has a focusing problem - I described my problem on the official forum. Here are the links:

1. Mavic 3 Focus Issues
2. Mavic 3 - poor sharpness

Support claims that the camera's sharpness is fine, but the pilot community and I are noticing defects.
There I described my problem in detail and gave many examples of shooting at different apertures. Tried all firmware. And the problem didn't go away. There is no focus throughout the frame.
I hope that you can help me and suggest something.

Here I will leave sample photos on my other drones, and on the Mavic 3 for a visual comparison of the quality of sharpness. I'm sure it's not normal

Last edited:
DJI does not recognize the defect and considers the sharpness to be normal. I have the official response from the support e-mail, and support on the DJI forum

If your product is new, you don't need to involve DJI. Return it to the retailer. If you want to try another M3, you don't have to get a refund -- you can ask for a swap for a new unit and then test that to see if it has a better lens.

If you bought it online and there will be some shipping chargers, that sucks, but it will be better than keeping a drone that you are unhappy with.

If you waited too long and the return period has expired, well, lesson learned. In this case, the best you could do is press your case with DJI again, but show examples of another Mavic 3 shooting the same thing and NOT being as soft. If you have an acquaintance in the local pilot community that also has an M3, this would be a good next step.

Chris

Hello! My name is Andrey.
My Mavic 3 has a focusing problem - I described my problem on the official forum. Here are the links:

1. Mavic 3 Focus Issues
2. Mavic 3 - poor sharpness

Support claims that the camera's sharpness is fine, but the pilot community and I are noticing defects.
There I described my problem in detail and gave many examples of shooting at different apertures. Tried all firmware. And the problem didn't go away. There is no focus throughout the frame.
I hope that you can help me and suggest something.

Here I will leave sample photos on my other drones, and on the Mavic 3 for a visual comparison of the quality of sharpness. I'm sure it's not normal
Do daylight (good conditions) and take the SAME picture with all three. Also, if there is an issue, I hope you purchased the DJI care. If they don't warranty it.....

No EXIF data with the M3 jpeg! Shutter speed is everything!

Cheers, Jon
Yes, the EXIF data is always recorded in the original metadata. In low light, it can be 1/15 of a second. Check the shutter speed in the metadata before blaming the lens sharpness. Could just be motion blur!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zzombie