DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 long range

There was some excellent information in this thread especially the changing of the Props to Enterprise Props was huge and explains why Master Screw Props are always a bit longer than than the Default DJI props and the confirmation from DJI regarding those ideas was awesome.

The Idea of turning your RC Controller to capture signal better was interesting as well.
however I am not sure that I would trust atti mode so far away as if the wind caught it and took it the wrong way , my fear would be that I would loose transmission an battery time. Maybe once I had VLOS I could squeeze 3000 ft out .

Upon having a low battery warning and the drone wanting to Force land you can avoid that by keeping the alt stick pressed up the entire time you reach low Battery but it takes some skill to fly like that as its very easy to want to level off the stick but if you do than you will get the Force Landing and fight that. Its a skill worth learning to avoid the Forced Landing take overs.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Land on the Water and take the battery to 0

There was some excellent information in this thread especially the changing of the Props to Enterprise Props was huge and explains why Master Screw Props are always a bit longer than than the Default DJI props and the confirmation from DJI regarding those ideas was awesome.

The Idea of turning your RC Controller to capture signal better was interesting as well.
however I am not sure that I would trust atti mode so far away as if the wind caught it and took it the wrong way , my fear would be that I would loose transmission an battery time. Maybe once I had VLOS I could squeeze 3000 ft out .

Upon having a low battery warning and the drone wanting to Force land you can avoid that by keeping the alt stick pressed up the entire time you reach low Battery but it takes some skill to fly like that as its very easy to want to level off the stick but if you do than you will get the Force Landing and fight that. Its a skill worth learning to avoid the Forced Landing take overs.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Land on the Water and take the battery to 0
Agreed! I just received my first set of Enterprise props and have them installed on my Mavic 3. Also received a set of the MAS props (at 20% off for Memorial Day) to compare to the stock props. Will be testing flight times shortly.

Swapping the "Cine Mode" for ATTI mode on the RC switch makes it easy to change to ATTI mode when flying downwind. If you ever see that the drone is headed the wrong way, you can immediately switch back to N mode or Sport mode for full GPS position hold and control. Obviously, while doing anything like this, you have to closely monitor all your telemetry throughout the flight. It is easy to see whether the distance between you and drone is increasing or decreasing, and how fast the drone is moving relative to the ground.

I think you meant full up LEFT stick, rather than alt stick, for overcoming forced landing, which is a must learn skill! Silencing the heart attack beeping on the RC Pro at 10% battery is also required for sanity. Just reduce the RC Pro volume to zero and then select Silence Completely, when prompted, after doing so!

Water landings still need to be retrieved, and the venerable wetsuit certainly reduces maximum flight time. Better to learn to hand catch, or have a few preplanned ditch landing areas planned out along the way back that aren't over water, if find you can't make it all the way back!

Flashlights.
Cool! That works, too! In hindsight, the hilltop looked more hike-able than drive-able! However, the drone LED Landing Lights that came on, could also have illuminated you directly from above, like a landing alien spaceship, ready to kidnap you, as you innocently welcomed them to earth! LOL!

• Haha
Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661