DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic 3 - M3Cine vs EVO2 6K - better?

The Iceland trip was last June. I’ve sent it up into single digit temps many times. I’m up in Alaska right now and its 3 degrees out. I’ve flown twice already and it hasn’t seemed to suffer.
That pretty cold for the EVO2. How's it behave and work for you... any sign of batteries having a problem or electronics during flight capturing images or video? That's way below what DJI specifies, I looked at EVO2's recommended specs: 14-104F (-10-40C).

What battery time are you getting in those cold temps?

Got the EVO2 Enterprise out today for an examination.
We’re still on the cold side (-4 to 22F), which is too cold for my interest to sit and play with settings for EVO2 Enterprise.

Out of the case…. no tweaking, I was a bit surprised.
Out of case, but fully updated on current FW.
Several have said it was Slow, and lack luster performance. I‘ll have to agree… it’s a snail in speed, agility in movements, altitude climb, air brake, etc.

Noise was low pitch, and on the quite side. Take offs were smooth, no jumps; and landing was smooth and gentle… very similar to Mavic or Inspire 2.

Compared to any Mavic, it under performs!
Mavics are a bit under performing compared to the Inspire 2, but the EVO2 is way less performance than a Mavic.
I switched to Ludacris mode, and speed setting to the highest: 43mph. It still was lack luster performance. Incidentally, needing to go into menu to bump performance I felt was a poor decision too.

It was also over reactive in Pitch Stick control: side movement, it would really pitch to slide to the side a few inches.

Granted, tweaking Exp settings may improve the performance. Although, I’d think Autel would pre-configure comparable performance out the box.

Camera image on large screen looked beautiful, this looked better than any screen I’ve connected to a DJI. But tapping Camera button was painfully long to return camera to being ready for next tap. I’m meaning 2-4 seconds… vs DJI is practically zero wait. The time to switch between Photo / Video was also a long wait.

Flight control maneuvering was not smooth, but that may be me not used to sticks too. But performing a smooth circle while yawing craft to point nose into center circle wasn’t as clean as DJI.

Another haunting similarity, the radio boot-up and app load is a bit slow. The map view was present inside, but outside presented a blank map. These reminded me of Yuneec Radio & Map behavior… not positive.

I still like the craft, will explore more… but will probably be sending it back during return window. Which is a little disappointing… I‘d like to use with 6K & 640 R Flir payloads as a replacement to a large M210 & XT2 640.

Last edited:
Returned the EVO 2 Enterprise… will wait to see what the EVO 3 Enterprise ??... brings in a year or so. Just didn’t feel the EVO2 Ent performed as desired for $4k+ in comparison.

Will examine the Nano+ & Lite+… still interested in their technology

Returned the unopened Mavic3 FlyMore Kit and ordered Mavic 3 Cine via BestBuy … auto adding it to my TotalTech protection. Free 2 day ship… due Saturday!

Went with Cine kit… have Inspire 2‘s with ProRes & CineDNG license. I think the M3 future FW updates may also improve the Cine specific features too and with the larger SC, 1TB SSD… although still pricey… for components included, in line with DJI Prices.

If / When they release a Inspire 3... Based on M3 Cine prices. I’d estimate a nice I3 kit will exceed $7k for base model and $10k with middle camera payload… upper 8K camera payload replacing X7 will be $4-5k itself.

W/hat is the BB Total Tech protection on a drone?

I know they give you AppleCare for Apple products.

BB Total Protection is a yearly purchase toward all items purchased in Best Buy… 1 Yr $199 Purchase of Total Protection covers all items… including drones. If you crash it… they will replace 2 per year for $99 each. Only requirement… you have to bring in the broken or bad device to replace. Lost or sunk in water, isn’t covered unless you bring it in.

That same $199 covers everything else: TV’s, Phones, Cameras, Computers (Apple too), Appliances, etc.
Currently any item can be covered up to 2 yrs, renew 1 time… although they are considering extending the length with renewals… they do offer a monthly on items over 2 yrs.

I purchased a $2000 lens last month and purchased BB Total Protection. Dropped, scratched, internals, fog inside… all covered for $99 replacement. Anything purchased afterwards is automatically included on in your Total Protection.

Several perks… 1 nice one for many States… if you have total protection, there is ”no restocking fees” on any item purchased after the Total Protection. Depending on item, that about pays for the Total Protection.

If you purchase a fair amount at BB, it’s a great deal. Beats cost of DJI Refresh and the Replacement Cost.

Thread 'BestBuy TotalTech vs DJI Refresh - something new to consider'
BestBuy TotalTech vs DJI Refresh - something new to consider

Thread 'Best Buy Protection vs DJI Care'
Best Buy Protection vs DJI Care

Last edited:
Wow thanks, I didn't really notice the $99 replacement benefit.

Wow thanks, I didn't really notice the $99 replacement benefit.
yep, not bad... and that's on any item over $1000 purchased... break a phone, drop a lens, camera, computer, washer, etc. Any and All of them... the drone is UP to 2X per year.

If you later add a Mini2... or something of less value. Replacement is less: Under $500 - $50, Under $1000 - $80.

Little more info on specifically drones:

Additional coverage, subject to claim limits and service fees:​

• Accidental Damage from Handling
    Enjoy peace of mind knowing that you're covered if the unexpected happens. If you accidentally damage your product while handling it, we'll take care of it.
  • Battery replacement
    We’ll replace the original, non-disposable battery if it fails to hold a charge.
  • On-board camera coverage
    We’ll get your camera back to capturing beautiful scenery and amazing videos if your camera accidentally breaks during normal use.

I'm guilty of ignoring the BB Total Protection too.
I've never been one to purchase store add-on packages, or any type of support / insurance on items. Statistically, they'll last beyond the coverage period... a risk I normally accepted for TV's, Washers, etc.

I recently listened to a young salesman, quizzed him a bit, and considered but passed to add with a WiFi 6 WAP kit.

Earlier in year, I purchased 2 DJI FPV's... ignored the BB offer for Total Protection, and knowing I'm likely to crash the FPV's I purchased DJI Refresh Care for much more than the BB Total Protection. DJI Refresh 2 Yr was much more cost and replacement cost is a lot more. My Error... $199 could have been covering all these items under 1 umbrella cost.

Mavic 3 Cine: micro 4/3, 3,772Mbps, ProRes 422HQ.
Evo 2 6K: 1", 120Mbps, H.264.

It's not even close.
Agreed. And DJI has a massive team completing the bake and adding features. I believe the M3 will continue to improve and be a work horse over the next few years.

I have seen that everybody in youtube prefers the Mavic 3 for a couple of reasons, but it is a pity you cannot have the best low light images, at least until DJI allows an ISO higher than 800 in LOG mode.
I've found this video made with an Evo 2 Pro, do you people think this can be achieved by the Mavic 3? I have searched a lot, and haven't found a Mavic 3 video that can reach the brightness shown here:

EDIT:
These are the best 3 I've found for Mavic 3, the image quality is absolutely amazing, but still, I think a bit dim, not as vibrant as Evo 2 Pro, or do you think a different color grading could make these ones look britghter?

Last edited:
I have my Evo II 8K for two reasons...I got a heck of a deal on a refurbished kit along with some batteries and a plastic case while throwing in a battery charging hub.

Secondly, I was looking at them because I've owned their X-Star Premium (P4P clone), had decent luck with it, so I wanted to add to my budding fleet. I've flown about 20 hours with it and will say it's a backup drone that has no restrictions in the software should I be in a situation that deemed such a device necessary, such as some type of state of emergency or general emergency use case.

It's definitely not as elegant as the Mavic 3 or Air 2S for that matter, but it I were in a pinch, it's outputs would do for the use cases I have it slated for in my operations.

"If / When they release a Inspire 3... Based on M3 Cine prices. I’d estimate a nice I3 kit will exceed $7k for base model and $10k with middle camera payload… upper 8K camera payload replacing X7 will be $4-5k itself."

I wish! I'm going to stick with my I2 and X7 + lenses for the time being

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan